AAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH Feckin insurance companies

bloke

Yep it s that time of year again..................... the letterbox went clatter and my insurance renewal dropped to the floor :unsure:

Now let me start from scratch

1. Its a vauxhall Astra Van

2. Its a its a 1.7 turbo DIesel

3. its got some alloy wheels on it

So i ring the the insurance company up to check the details are still correct and added this sentence to the guy on the phone

' Yep its still social domestic and pleasure to and from work and for carrying my fishing kit to the lakes BUT i will occasionally use it to carry my mates disco equipment ..............................cue long pause................

KA :censored: BOOOOOOOOOM......

.........silence....................... Hello..........................................hello........

Oh i see um i will have to ring the underwritters on this one, I will ring you back in a minute Mr S********* but just to make you aware it might double if not triple your premium :eek: :jaw:

All This started at 10.30 this morning i've just a call back saying that most insurance companies no longer want to insure me as they are worried about the disco kit getting damaged in an accident which is already covered for that in a seperate policy :nutter:

So the shortfall is if your honest about everything your screwed or insurance companies wont touch you for all the money on the planet, X(

And if you not honest about everything and have an accident your screwed

Thanks for letting me vent that peeps

tell your mate to carry his own disco kit as its going to cripple your insurance

I would but ive just bought into it :nutter:

But hey TESCO'S COME UP TRUMPS!!!!!! and its near enough the same price for cover as my last insurance quote without the disco in the back!! Not going to mention who the silliest quote was.................... GREEN ARMY!!

Oops that might have given it away a bit :rolleyes:

even if your in a crash - its a load of scrap you were goin to weigh in lol

Scrap???? What scrap????? oh i think your on about my little 1p vauxhall van ive had for 6 years with no problems ah i see now

Edited by bloke

Right after several phone calls and alot of :nutter:

Ive finally found out what the problem is with the insurance on my van with the disco kit in

Its all to do with claims according to BIBA (British Insurance Brokers Association)(thanks Carla!!)

So heres their top 10 of claims

1. Clean ups after own fault crashes

2. Closing road/motorway to clean up after own fault crashes

3. Claims for emergency services attending the scene

4. Claims for recovering and storing stolen/crashed vehicles

5. Claims for subsidery items resulting from the accident (Fences,walls,guard rails,lamp posts and signs etc)

6. Compensation claims for non fault traffic accidents

7. Total loss claims due to drink/drug driving

8. Theft of motor vehicle

9. Unsured losses for undeclared or misinformed details for aquiring motor insurance

10. Vandalism/Theft from motor vehicles

So peeps next time you insure your v12 powered slammed too the floor covererd in spoilers car as a 1100cc with no mods be very careful as if you decide to have an impromptu race on the motorway and crash into the car your racing you will be looking at numbers

1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 9... not to say the other driver would go for number 6 unless you can prove it wasn't your fault

Now thats alot of money in compensation claims for one moment of stupidness

In my case my van would fall into the liability class of number 10... :mellow:

To quote what i was told on the phone about my insurance problem " If you leave your vehicle in the pub carpark it stands a good chance of being attacked"

I cant see the differance of parking my van in the pub carpark to go out for a drink or to do a disco :vangry: