A few Q's about telling insurance about changing address

LiamGTR

1. Will I be charged the £25 'Admin Fee' like I did when I changed registration?
  2. Is there a chance my insurance is going to go UP?

Yes I know I could "Just phone my insurance company and find out" but I don't what to phone up and say "Ah I have a 'friend' who is moving house and he wants to know ... & ... and then hang up." Sounds far too fishy to me. :nutter:

:cheers: = For all sensible replys.

FU = For all knobish replys.

:thumb:

Edited by LiamGTR

1. Will I be charged the £25 'Admin Fee' like I did when I changed registration? depends on insurers policy
  2. Is there a chance my insurance is going to go UP? again depends on crime levels of new postcode

So really there is still a chance of both? Damn!

:cheers:

my insurance has just come down with moving, and didnt get any charge for changing the address

I don't think mind will go down as it's still only 5 mins away from where I live, but the no charge thing is handy to know, thanks :thumb:

:cheers:

1. Will I be charged the £25 'Admin Fee' like I did when I changed registration? depends on insurers policy
  2. Is there a chance my insurance is going to go UP? again depends on crime levels of new postcode

fraid so, just as much chance of the opposite tho, no policy change charge and premium might go down or remain the same :thumb:

fraid so, just as much chance of the opposite tho, no policy change charge and premium might go down or remain the same :thumb:

Here's hoping :cheers:

If you move to a higher rated area then there may be a increase. If lower then a decrease but if the same then no charge on our scheme.

If you move to a higher rated area then there may be a increase. If lower then a decrease but if the same then no charge on our scheme.

So if it's lower, i'll get money BACK!? :cheers:

my mates went up from moving less than ten minutes walk away still in the same town etc. he was just slightly more inside the town tho so went up.

If it goes up, i'm leaving them like, no 2 ways about it, they've taken £1,600 or so off me and are they feck taking any more! I'd rather cancel now and have £1,100 or so back they told me i'd get last week when I enquired about canceling, and live without a car until I can find cheaper insurance.

Phone em up and hope for the best, I imagine if your premium does go up it will only be by a tiny amount, and £25 to stay insured is scandalous (if it turns out to be the case), but necesary. You cant cancel your insurance and do without a car for the sake of £25, doing this will only Fcuk over your no claims and when you do get a car again you'll be ripped off AGAIN, get this year wrapped up and then do what you want.

If there is no admin fee, and the new place is a lower rated crime area, or has a driveway or garage, then yes you will see a rebate, if it's the opposite then you'll need to get your debit card out..

Insurance prices have risen this year, I'm paying more today for a diesel 306 than i was paying for my wonderful volvo at the beginning of this years policy, and i was charged admin fees to change car details (from volvo to bmw, then bmw to pug)