Danzetec's Turbo Estate

Danzetec

Where abouts is that in megatune Stu? Is it simply inputting values in a table that I'd presumably find on the gauge software disc?

Not sure. It used to be in a text file somewhere. It's been a long time since I used it so it may have changed. It was one of the things I was going to look at with you when it came to mapping it again.

• 4 weeks later...

With the hot weather the weekend before last, I decided I had better get the cooling sorted. I was relying on the heater blowers to cool the engine and that wasn't any good for the trip I had planned. So I replaced the rear cooling fans last week after finding one had seized and the other was heading the same way (They were second hand fans anyway :rolleyes:)

Also trimmed the shroud to give maximum air-flow, dropped a bottle of water wetter in and cut out the back of the bumper to bore ventilation holes. With the number-plate relocated, the temperature has been down to normal levels and wasn't a problem this weekend but I want to replace the normal plate because it doesn't look very good :unsure:

Anyway heres a few photos from our weekend at Nürburgring :thumb:

http://picturepool.racetracker.de/1353/page_123575-227bc3e22695d5f19b849c607544554d.jpg

http://picturepool.racetracker.de/1353/page_123187-768ddc1a566bc9ac9e250d8def14fc9c.jpg

http://picturepool.racetracker.de/1353/page_123240-d6f0e30504ad00af8ef0376d7d955ca5.jpg

http://ross219uk.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v69/p1076528166-3.jpg

http://g014b4e4a26234ceabf46de6c07040449.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v46/p1077725454-3.jpg

Also, was it under 12 min ? :innocent:

It was pretty wet, so I couldn't push it hard but I got round in 13:13 :D

Nice one Dan, nice to see it holding up just on the base map I did! Brave man... :)

I had confidence in you Stu :)

I just thought to myself I'd regret it if I went to the Nurburgring and didn't take the car I've been building.

So I thought I'd take the cooling issue by the horns and provided I got that sorted I'd take it - I'm so glad I did!

Looks like fun! Any stories from 'the ring'?

Well as you can see in the photos it was wet on the Sunday when we went round, which did mean it was fairly quiet on the ring :thumb: My friend was advised he could have 6 laps in a Renault R26 instead of the 4 in the Exige, which was a shame but understandable due to conditions. I had a couple of slow laps and saw a ring taxi, he wasn't hanging around! And then a couple of faster laps, as fast as you can when you're a novice and its raining!

I might post some of the other pics from the weekend in the main board if people are interested?

I might post some of the other pics from the weekend in the main board if people are interested?

Yes, post away.

Good to see the estate on the road by the way. Has your brother done his morettes yet?

You were very brave to even go out in that weather ! Very good time and very well done for not loosing your head in such conditions.

I just missed a barrier before Steilstrecke and bottomed out in Karussell last time I was round. I count myself very lucky. :unsure:

How much is a Taxi ride these days anyway ?

Yes, post away.

Good to see the estate on the road by the way. Has your brother done his morettes yet?

Yes I'm very pleased, even if it did take a while, at least I can use it now! I'll see if I can get the other pics up later!

Chris's car is in the workshop getting stripped for welding repairs and getting things sorted on it

*Click and demand update!*

You were very brave to even go out in that weather ! Very good time and very well done for not loosing your head in such conditions.

I just missed a barrier before Steilstrecke and bottomed out in Karussell last time I was round. I count myself very lucky. :unsure:

How much is a Taxi ride these days anyway ?

It was a gamble on the weather tbh but I had to go round after travelling that far. It was great in the wet anyway and I felt fairly confident with it, adjusted the dampers before I went out and I could feel the amount of grip quite well. Although I locked the front coming into the right-hander with the gravel run-off (will look up turn no. later) and generally managed the understeer! It wasn't a good day for RWD cars, I passed a nervous S2000 with ease!

Didn't look in to the taxi actually, I read that you need to book quite far in advance and we only decided when to go about 2 weeks prior! I spoke to a german waiter who had gone out in the taxi driven by Sabine and he said it was awesome! :thumb:

• 1 year later...