Project Pimp.

Ahmotorsport

Onto cylinder head modifying today. Well, i didn't actually do much to it, but i now know the direction i'm taking.

Whereas i was going to fit bigger valves to it, upon inspection it actually looks pretty pointless. Unless i start sleeving the manifold straight into the head and doing away with the ports there is no way i can get the port big enough to match a big valve. Though i may still find the same size valves but with a thinner stem to keep the weight down.

It will have bronze guides.

I will probably not end up fitting the Strombergs. I've got a pair of DCOE's i can use, it's all about the manifolding.

I've decided i need a bottom end, it was always the best way to do it, but now i've got no choice. So it looks like i've got hold of one with big end failure that the bloke will give me for postage costs. So that's fine with me! Scratch that, he's got another one complete without big end failure for £30 + postage. I'll have a bit of that.

It may have a rally cam of sorts, but we'll see how funding goes.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/20140306_150057_zpsc23dcb7a.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/20140306_150041_zps1b1902e9.jpg

Two valves out for measuring and thinking of the different routes to take.

engine tune ups eh? bored of it already lol

for a first car, on britains roads today, urs is probs the coolest lol

Yep! Bored with how slow it is haha. To be honest, it's not that bad actually.

Well thank you very much! No doubt you'll see it in the flesh somewhere.

makes a change from a fiesta/corsa/106/saxo/micra

makes a change from a fiesta/corsa/106/saxo/micra

Yeah mate, i couldn't drive around in one of them, certainly not a standard one!

Blue Thunder popped a heater hose on the way back from Brighton. Didn't notice until i could hear the steam. Pulled over, dark by this point, let it cool down and started pouring coolant in, then i saw the split hose. So i pulled the hose off, cut the split end off and joined it back up. Though the part it joins onto has partially rotten away. so i clamped it where i could, stopped some random person who gave me some water, very nice of him! Then headed home. Temperature crept up again, but didn't over heat by the time i got home. It blew this hose only a couple of miles from home. The hose had fallen off again by the time i got home. Car was running alright still, but i hope it's alright. Ordered new union and hose.

Fingers crossed.

It's aliiiive! It's aaliiiiive!

Sounds pretty good. Hopefully no damage was done. Then fuel poured out of the inlet manifold drain. Needle valve was blocked as was the idle jet. All good. Back together and running nicely.

iirc the imp engine is prone to headgasket failure hope its ok