Project Pimp.

Ahmotorsport

I wish you would stop messing about and get it finished, if you stopped doing the updates you would get more work done, LOL :pancake: taking shape, good effort, am quite IMPressed (now who's the smart one lol) keep the updates coming :thumb:

Messing about with whaaat? Haha, i do the updates when i have a little break. Should be ready for primer today though! :thumb:

Hahahahahahahahahaha! one of those pics looks like you've parked the car on ya mums kitchen table! ROFL! Easier to get the kettle on at breaktime, good job :thumb:

Haha! My Ma' probably wouldn't care, i go out there, lie in all the filler dust, get my hands, arms and clothes covered in filler and walk back in the house for a drink :pancake:

After waiting for 7 months to have the washers on my wheel nuts machined down to fit the wheel, i got them back! Went to bolt the wheel on, oooooh nooooo too long! Nevermind, cut them down tomorrow.

Cut down my wheel bolts at work yesterday, so my new shiny wheels are fitted. The tyres on them arent the ones i want on it they're just what came with them, too large profile at the back, to small profile at the front. 185/60/13's will suit it perfectly.

Pictures:

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/P150711_1902.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/P150711_1903.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/P150711_1902_01.jpg

• 1 month later...
Thought i'd let you all know the Mischievous Elf is ready for primer. I'm aiming to be doing it, probably Monday, maybe later, maybe Sunday. I will post up some pictures of it. Unfortunately i wont be able to do 3 lots of guide coats etc as we're moving house September 8th and we may not have a garage, obviously, it can't be left outside so i have to have it in paint before then, It'll be a push but i reckon i'll get there.

Mike kindly brought over his compressor, air line and big ba5tard gas heater today so it should be definite that i'm primering Monday. I'm scared im'a feck it up xD However, i have an LVLP spray gun (not ideal i know) it says operating pressure is 22psi.....it feels kinda weak? Also, i've got lots of nobs on my air gun, how do i set the gun up? Thanks all.

Glad to see its still progressing forward. Dont worry bout spraying primer, you cant f**k up primer Lol. My gun only has 2 knobs on it. 1 makes the fan of spray wider or narrower and the other controls the.....actually I dont remember lol. Just spray and twiddle knobs and see what each one does. Only way to learn! Look forward to seeing pics. If any sprayers can help him out I also have a questio to ask which you may come accross yourself!!! When using filler primer 4:1 with hardener as instructed, sometimes it sprays on like its really to dry, almost looks/feels like a powdery finish. I knowit'll rub down ok but why does it spray so dry??? Cheers in advance and cheers to AHMotorsport for providing a perfect thread to field this question! :innocent:

Glad to see its still progressing forward. Dont worry bout spraying primer, you cant f**k up primer Lol. My gun only has 2 knobs on it. 1 makes the fan of spray wider or narrower and the other controls the.....actually I dont remember lol. Just spray and twiddle knobs and see what each one does. Only way to learn! Look forward to seeing pics. If any sprayers can help him out I also have a questio to ask which you may come accross yourself!!! When using filler primer 4:1 with hardener as instructed, sometimes it sprays on like its really to dry, almost looks/feels like a powdery finish. I knowit'll rub down ok but why does it spray so dry??? Cheers in advance and cheers to AHMotorsport for providing a perfect thread to field this question! :innocent:

Ahh yeah i spose i can do that. Got a whole wall covered in masking paper, i'll test it out on there. Hopefully the primer will give me a feel for the gun in that case, i'd like to test it on something first but don't really have anything to test it on, was gonna do my hood first and see what happens.

Your welcome buddy :pancake:

you mean the primers coming out of the spraygun but not as it should, sounds like this could be the spraygun set up, with 2k high build primer you really need a specific primer gun as these run a different set up, should be something like a 1.6 or 1.8 set up, if your using a spraygun thats meant for top coating that will probably be running a 1.4 set up which gives a finer finish (ie meant for basecoat/laquer) which is probably why primer will not go on wet because its not the set up for primer as its to thick for this type of set up hence why you need a bigger set up guns i use at work for primer,water base,clear coat are.

primer

satajet klc rp 1.8

satajet klc rp 1.6

waterbase

devilbiss gti pro-base 1.2

devilbiss gti pro-base 1.3

satajet 3000 1.3 digital (wsb set up)

satajet 3000 1.2 digital (wsb set up)

clear coat

devilbiss gti pro-clear 1.3

satajet 2000 rp 1.2

satajet 3000 rp digital 1.2

wouldnt expect you have all these sprayguns unless your in the trade but it gives you insight into how many sprayguns a typical painter will probably have and if you bought all the above your probably looking at around £3,500.......

good work and progress, nice to see something a bit different :cheers:

Thanks pal :cheers:

you mean the primers coming out of the spraygun but not as it should, sounds like this could be the spraygun set up, with 2k high build primer you really need a specific primer gun as these run a different set up, should be something like a 1.6 or 1.8 set up, if your using a spraygun thats meant for top coating that will probably be running a 1.4 set up which gives a finer finish (ie meant for basecoat/laquer) which is probably why primer will not go on wet because its not the set up for primer as its to thick for this type of set up hence why you need a bigger set up guns i use at work for primer,water base,clear coat are.

primer

satajet klc rp 1.8

satajet klc rp 1.6

waterbase

devilbiss gti pro-base 1.2

devilbiss gti pro-base 1.3

satajet 3000 1.3 digital (wsb set up)

satajet 3000 1.2 digital (wsb set up)

clear coat

devilbiss gti pro-clear 1.3

satajet 2000 rp 1.2

satajet 3000 rp digital 1.2

wouldnt expect you have all these sprayguns unless your in the trade but it gives you insight into how many sprayguns a typical painter will probably have and if you bought all the above your probably looking at around £3,500.......

Jesus christ, okay, i expected 2 or 3 spray guns...

Tomorrow i'll be finishing off masking the garage up, priming the hood and i've decided i'm going to mask off bits to do bits at a time i.e front wings and valance first, then the doors, then the rear quarters and roof (not in any particular order) as i had Paul (our body work man) come down to have a look and he said that it will be drying too quickly for me to get round the car something about my particular hardener and thinners. I'll just go along with what he says, he just told me he would of lent me his Devilbiss gun if i hadn't bought that one, this makes me sad.

Today is the day! Well i've primed the hood, had some dramas at first where the paint was being spat out the gun, turned out it had a blockage, so took a nut off the end and flushed it through with thinner and it was alright. So i chucked the primer back in and sprayed on the wall, it still didn't look perfect but it was enough as i'm flatting it down anyway. It came out okay, all looks straight apart from a small dent which was already there. I probably wont do anymore today as Paul's coming over with his Devilbiss and some filters (for some reason my gun doesn't have a filter, i thought all guns had filters, didn't even think about it) to see if that's any better. But i think the primer was a little too thick as when i flushed it through with thinner it sprayed perfectly.

Pictures:

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/P200811_1735.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/P220811_1239.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/P220811_1510.jpg

The working mans shot

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/P220811_1514.jpg

You look like a raver from the 90's, just need some glow sticks! lol, :pancake: Look forward to seeing the car all in primer. Its funny how putting down a solid colour, even primer, can make a car look 'whole again' as oppose to patches of fibreglasss, filler, bare metal e.t.c. Really make syou feel like your getting somewhere. :drunk: