ScORTED's mx-5 RS project

ScORTED

tbh Ive allways liked the look of the mk2 mx5 as it has a nostalgic classic sports car feel to it when its hardtopped, its just a shame it so stubbornly retains the negative stigma image that comes along with it.

I cant help finding it incredulous that it is looked upon as a girls/hairdressers car when there are many reasons for it being the most unlikely candidate for that title in the two seater sports car category.

for example with hardtop on its lines distinctively remind me of a E-type jag.... a car steeped in the realm of the super heterosexual playboy image.

ontop of that its a very very good car to drive, holds the road well (unless your playing "wiggle ar5e" with the throttle on the corners for giggles), infact when I think about how it felt compared to a work colleagues S2000 and my mates old Boxter I cant help leaning toward the Mx5 still when it comes down to that "planted" feeling (even though it lacks in the power department against those two obviously).

cant recall whether it was the Mx5 or S2000 that had a aftermarket front end you could straight swap the gave it a shockingly close look of a Dodge Viper, looked the bollix when combined with the right skirts.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/28834.jpg

mx5 viper bumper with the optional "vented" bonnet but lacks the addon splitter that finishes the viper look imo..... looks awesome in reality.

that looks sweet i have also been a fan of the mx5 seen a few with minilite style wheels always been tempted to get one as they handle well and not to bad on power not great but not bad

mines geared to accelerate hard, it seems well matched to most other stuff on the road, an S2000 didn't have anything on me from a rolling start until I started to run out of steam over 100 (private road)

interesting bumper shaw, I'm more oem+ these days though also the power thing is easily rectified, 200bhp is cheap and easy with either a bolt on turbo kit or a supercharger, and then you have just under 200bhp per tonne for about 3k (car plus kit)

I'm not, I don't appreciate being compared to him either, rolling start about 70 he tanked past, i went past, he crept up i cogged down and floored it, my gearing is a lot shorter than most things on the road, my car is absolutely flat out at 120 and not much go over 110 (factory limiter is 112mph in japan) also the mx5 is 200-300kg lighter than an S2000, I'd be interested to know my own gear ratios to compare Edited by ScORTED

I think at a push the viper front end is kinda OEM+....sort of.

Jeeze Louiz, how long was this private road?

He isnt doing a stevmo23094283904435435.3 because he races on public roads.

think Ive came across a Mx5 Aston Martin DB9 front end too but its not a straight swap, there's a metal support rig that welds into the standard front end framework to suspend it right.

think Ive came across a Mx5 Aston Martin DB9 front end too but its not a straight swap, there's a metal support rig that welds into the standard front end framework to suspend it right.

DB9 one is hideous

DB9 one is hideous

iirc their was a couple about, one purple with a one off lower splitter that made it look chavtastic while there was another done in DB grey and with just the front that looked pretty tidy, mighta been the angle of the shot though (and I think it was closer to the DB7 grill tbh).