help with random reving

martinw17

hi guys other day my car from cold started as normal but when i rev or drive changing gear the revs would pick up to 2 to 3.000 rpm on its own so stoped turn car off and started again and was fine got any ideas please thanks

iscv :thumb:

thanks for fast reply but whats that stand for idle control valve ? thanks :D :D

Edited by martinw17

hi guys other day my car from cold started as normal but when i rev or drive changing gear the revs would pick up to 2 to 3.000 rpm on its own so stoped turn car off and started again and was fine got any ideas please thanks

thanks for fast reply but whats that stand for idle control valve ? thanks :D :D

Yes, Idle Speed Control Valve, does exactly what it says on the tin.

[

yes its idle speed control valve and it lives on the back of the inlet manifold secured with two 8mm bolts i find it easier to get at it from underneath an reach up.make sure you get the right one for your car as they look the same on fiestas and ka's but they wont work (been there lol ) :thumb:

Edited by etrebus

yes its idle speed control valve and it lives on the back of the inlet manifold secured with two 8mm bolts i find it easier to get at it from underneath an reach up.make sure you get the right one for your car as they look the same on fiestas and ka's but they wont work (been there lol ) :thumb:

6mm bolts, 8mm head ;)

6mm bolts, 8mm head ;)

iv got a 1.4 cvh lol and im sure u can c it as soon as u open bonnet up on the side on inlet n going to get one from scrappy lol worth a shot and thanks guys for very fast repeys apeshate it loads and sorry for my awful spelling lol

6mm bolts, 8mm head ;)

iv got a 1.4 cvh lol and im sure u can c it as soon as u open bonnet up on the side on inlet n going to get one from scrappy lol worth a shot and thanks guys for very fast repeys apeshate it loads and sorry for my awful spelling lol

lol then it wont be on back of the inlet good luck :thumb: