Spax or Apex??

Andy 3i

I'm looking for some new suspension to replace my tired old gmax and I've found spax vsx for £333.00 but I've also found apex for £279.00. Now the spax ones are for -40mm but they are for a rs2000, yet the apex are -30mm but it says it's days not for the rs2000. I'm guessing the difference is to do with the rear disc beam? So I'm just after opinions really

Ah right, fair comment. The description on Apex sounds pretty good, but that can always be misleading. I was hunting for Koni but I couldn't dig up much. As for coilovers I found done budget ones from pro sport but I've had cheap coilovers on my golf...nice and low but didn't last much more that 12 months

shouldn't matter about the shocks on the rear beam as they are the same. and yours being a mk5b its still technically a mk5 with two studs on each top mount. its only from 95 onward mk6 that came with the new design shocks but the rear ones will fit either way! as long as the spacers are there for the lower mounting bolt holes all should be well!