Icv removal guide

roboboyo

Going to attempt to clean my icv, scort, 2.0 silvertop mk6, what do i need to remove to make it easier??

is there a decent guide on here, ??

i have a rare day off work, and i want to make it count

bump

really depends on what engine you have.

ICV on a cvh is easily accessable on the side of the throttle body while the various zetecs are a bit more awkward and knuckle unfrendly if you have big hands.

as said the cvh ICV is on the side and held on with 3x 10mm bolts set out in a triangle.

the zetec is fitted to the rear of the throttle body oppersite the bulk head/firewall and requires some careful maneuvering with a 10mm rachet spanner to get off without removing various bits of engine parts....it is possible to do as Ive done it countless times now, but you will need a rachet 10mm spanner or a fairly compact 1/4 rachet and socket as theres barely any room to move a spanner in the confined space the icv occupys....good luck.

[i found jacking up the car and attacking it from underneath was easier for me at least you can see the bolts :thumb:

cheers for info guys, have it out atm, took me 35mins to remove her, was just wondering, when soaking in petrol, do i need to cover the plastic housing arount the connector ?, also, was there supposed to be a gasket with these,

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x183/robertbrennan/Photoon12-05-2013at1614.jpg

there is a little rubber gasket, most likely stuck to the inside of the manifold. I would just but a new valve, ive never been able to clean one up

cheers jc, hope ill have better luck mate, its alot cleaner anyway

A massive difference was made by the cleaning of this, a combination of engine parts de-greacer, wd40, and a soak in petrol, but there is still a small indication of shaking and eraticness, witch leads me to believe that i have a vacuum leak somewhere ????????

quick note,

how long do i need to disconnect the battery for, to reset the ecu???? Ive heard some diff timescales, eg half hour, 1 hour, and 24 hours, tbh, i think 15mins should be enough, but what do i know