who is working on there car today

dalelc16

I took down the fuel tank today to fit the new pump.......and it didnt work! Fuse is ok, relay clicks when the ignition it turned on but no priming! There were nicks in two of the wires so I cut them and rejoined them and the pump still doesnt work! Im stumped now as to what it could be????? :unsure: Thought it would be nice progress, being able to roll the car in/out for painting duties. Now its sat in there looking sad with a tank on the floor!

Only thing that'll make it better is a cracking day tomorrow.

Well thats all the fun with these cars.every thing is a challenge and if it wasnt it would be boring to work on.

as for tomoz how you getting up here?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took down the fuel tank today to fit the new pump.......and it didnt work! Fuse is ok, relay clicks when the ignition it turned on but no priming! There were nicks in two of the wires so I cut them and rejoined them and the pump still doesnt work! Im stumped now as to what it could be????? :unsure: Thought it would be nice progress, being able to roll the car in/out for painting duties. Now its sat in there looking sad with a tank on the floor!

Only thing that'll make it better is a cracking day tomorrow.

Well thats all the fun with these cars.every thing is a challenge and if it wasnt it would be boring to work on.

as for tomoz how you getting up here?

The golf :thumb:

Swapped a full set of suspension and front hubs Calipers onto my car and the old onto the other car so it can still be moved round

Put the s/s exhaust on mine from cat back after me and my 7 year old cleaned it

all over the last few days of course I'm going to the ford fair tomorrow then I'm going to be changing the electric window setup in my car

ill will be dismantling my 1800 head again today, put it all back together yesterday only to find out that half the valves are sticking, im fairly sure its due to the hydraulic tappets being filled with oil which will need to be squeezed out

• 3 weeks later...

Just spent the last 4 hours hand flatting the roof rack channels.

Having filled them properly last week,I thought I would make the most of the wife being away at her mates for the weekend by cracking on with the laborious task that is rubbing down.

Fingers are bleeding ,but with a coat of filler primer on the aforementioned items ,the sweat has been worth it.Will post piccs when the top coat has been applied.

You lucky lucky boy Andy your wife's away for the weekend and she hasn't left you a list of diy jobs to do lol.

Tomsy,she actually told me to enjoy the peace and quiet!!

Still done some ironing,hoovering as well,but that doesn't take as long as they make out it does!

Regards Andy