Speeding ticket

oldayscortin

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely none of this matters, the offense is strict liability, even doing 72 on the motorway is punishable if they really want to.

With that though phil, I thought that they give you the benefit of the doubt that couple mph. If your speedo says 70, their gun says 72 who is to say who's in the wrong? Thats why I always believed they gave you a percentage of leaniency.

Although with a clearcut no like 76/77 in a 70 thats quite right in a resulting fine etc.

Edited by lee grout

Surely none of this matters, the offense is strict liability, even doing 72 on the motorway is punishable if they really want to.

doubt you would get a ticket for 72 on a motorway unless there was a variable or temp limit in place, doing 80 seems fairly common these days

Vans can do 70 if thay have a rear window and a side window.

Thats why most private van such as some transporter sportlines have windows

Also having a side window means cheaper insurance, also you dont need a pass to go and thriw rubish away

But yes work vans should do 60 unless fitted with windows.

I had this problem and went to court but i had a side and rear window,which i had to prove i had.

They dropd all charges.

2 + 10% is still the guidance at the cps, ignore the nip if you are certain the piece of road is a 70mph zone and nothing will happen.

if the roads a 60 limit take the 3 points dont argue

Also having a side window means cheaper insurance, also you dont need a pass to go and thriw rubish away

I had this problem and went to court but i had a side and rear window,which i had to prove i had.

They dropd all charges.

really?? pretty sure its to do with the weight/useage not the number of windows...

in your world can you only do 63 if you have a back window but its limo tinted or perhaps 67 if the back windows good but you havent got a third rearview mirror

2 + 10% is still the guidance at the cps, ignore the nip if you are certain the piece of road is a 70mph zone and nothing will happen.

They dropd all charges.

really?? pretty sure its to do with the weight/useage not the number of windows...

in your world can you only do 63 if you have a back window but its limo tinted or perhaps 67 if the back windows good but you havent got a third rearview mirror

All my windows are tinted but if you have a bulkhead you do need the window part in that.

Any car or van doesnt need three mirrors by law, just 2 and any two will be fine

They dropd all charges.

All my windows are tinted but if you have a bulkhead you do need the window part in that.

Any car or van doesnt need three mirrors by law, just 2 and any two will be fine

I'm quite aware of the MOT requirements for mirrors thanks

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

your windows have got sod all to do with it

They dropd all charges.

Also when buying a van new they are cheaper also when windows are fitted.

Its all about the saftey part and viewing around you at speed ect.

All my vans are fitted with windows for this reason.

They dropd all charges.

So Lamborghini countach would be limited to 60 then?

They dropd all charges.

Also please re- read website ,you supplied in your thread.lol

They dropd all charges.

Also please re- read website ,you supplied in your thread.lol

Yup have done again for you and its still based on the vehicle weight and purpose nothing to do with windows