Speeding ticket

oldayscortin

Hi all,

First of all, please don't slate me! lol I've never ever had a motor conviction or accident in my life (driving since I was 17 and im 24 now)

I just need some advice please I have received a ticket saying I was doing 72mph in a national speed limit zone (dual carriageway) which I am right in thinking is 70mph?

Can I dispute/appeal this at all because it seems really harsh and I must not have noticed that my speed ometer went over the 70. there was a van next to me trying to wind me up I think by speeding up, then stopping, speeding up, then slowing down etc, but blatantly and I kept getting distracted by him (no excuse I know!)

Could anyone give me any advice?

Thanks!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Road Traffic Offenses are strict liability, IE it doesnt matter really what your mind set was whether you meant to or not, whether it was an accident, whether your car was faulty etc

There are obviously exceptions like if someone is holding a gun to your head but they werent.

Sorry dude.

Seems odd to get a ticket for 2 mph over, usually it is slightly more to allow for speedo errors. are you sure you were in a national speed limit zone? were you on a dual and not a single carriage way that had more than 2 lanes, were you driving a van as they have different limits

Hi all,

First of all, please don't slate me! lol I've never ever had a motor conviction or accident in my life (driving since I was 17 and im 24 now)

I just need some advice please I have received a ticket saying I was doing 72mph in a national speed limit zone (dual carriageway) which I am right in thinking is 70mph?

Can I dispute/appeal this at all because it seems really harsh and I must not have noticed that my speed ometer went over the 70. there was a van next to me trying to wind me up I think by speeding up, then stopping, speeding up, then slowing down etc, but blatantly and I kept getting distracted by him (no excuse I know!)

Could anyone give me any advice?

Thanks!

If you were in your van then it is 60mph on a dual carriageway mate.regards Andy

Think you'll find that dual carriage ways are 70. Obviously less if a temporary limit in force or during roadworks.

sorry,yeah didn't see dual carriagway.

You could probably have got away with stating that his sig shows he drives a van therefore the speed limit IS 60.

Think you'll find that dual carriage ways are 70. Obviously less if a temporary limit in force or during roadworks.

Not all dual carriage ways, only if a central reservation is in place with barriers.

If you were in your van then it is 60mph on a dual carriageway mate.regards Andy

Really?