My Ferrari/Porsche Driving Day

Rob84

WOW!! what a day. everyone should do somthing like this in their life times at least once!!

got there at 11 and had a 30 mins briefing session on how to drive round the track safely basically, then i went out in a 53 plate Audi A3 2.0 for a sighting lap then a lap driving it. Then came the big one! :D the 355 GTS :drool: :drool: took a while to get myself folded into it and comfy lol. Went out of the "pit" and booted it in 3rd and BANG! 380 horses kicked me in the back and off i went. absolute perfection to drive, steering, brakes, gearbox all worked faultlessly even after getting the brakes to smoke :)) had 4 laps in that, then I paid an extra £60 to drive a 911 (996) turbo for 3 laps and again, was simply amazing...and so much torque. the ferrari just wanted to rev (i saw 8.5K btw) were as the porker was happy below 7k. booted that in 3rd too and felt like it woulda left the ferrari standing lol. with 4 wd drive and HUGE brakes it was unshakable :D well i could'nt manage it even though i tried my hardest :P managed to get the back end squirming once when i misjudged a braking point and had to brake and turn at the same point :innocent: .

Would do this again at the drop of a hat. Still shaking as i type from the adrenaline....and i drove em 6 hours ago :roll: .

there was other events taking place too, hence the other cars u can see.

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

355.jpg

THE car :D :drool: :drool: ^^

Edited by Rob84

OHHHH Some lovelyyyyyyy looking motors there :drool: :drool: :drool:

As said last night Rob, it looks excellent! Am glad you had a more than brilliant day! I hope someone buys me an Xmas pressie like that!! HAHA :D :thumb:

it was at prestwold hall near loughbrough, not sure how much it was as i got the day as a pressie but I had to pay an extra £60 for 3 laps in the Porker so i can imagine it wasnt cheap :( (ta mum and dad again lol)

didnt really pay much attention to the inside of the 355 ian lol, was too busy concentrating on the rev counter, gears and the track.. oh it had a proper gearbox in it, i.e. 6 speed manual :thumb:

cannings, i'm 6ft 2 and with a helmet on, only just fitted in the ferrari :)) and yup, drove in the tub :thumb:

it was at prestwold hall near loughbrough, not sure how much it was as i got the day as a pressie but I had to pay an extra £60 for 3 laps in the Porker so i can imagine it wasnt cheap  :(  (ta mum and dad again lol)

didnt really pay much attention to the inside of the 355 ian lol, was too busy concentrating on the rev counter, gears and the track.. oh it had a proper gearbox in it, i.e. 6 speed manual  :thumb:

cannings, i'm 6ft 2 and with a helmet on, only just fitted in the ferrari  :)) and yup, drove in the tub  :thumb:

thkans mate, i am 6 foot 2 so i hope i can get in