anybody 2?

j4ffa

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the 1.8 is "stronger" than the 2L, but you get that sorted if ya gonna get into proper tuning!

yup ive heard that too :cheers: if you get the 130ps 1.8, surely you could get pretty much the same amount of power out of a 2.0

but would nosin the 1.6 give any problems?? do u understand wat i mean ?? i want the power when ever i want it there

if you supercharge it the power will always be there

whatever you do dont bother doing much to a 1.6!!!!

best bet would be to get a stronger more beefier engine in the first place as chances are it will last longer!

I've heard the 1.8 is "stronger" than the 2L, but you get that sorted if ya gonna get into proper tuning!

yup ive heard that too :cheers: if you get the 130ps 1.8, surely you could get pretty much the same amount of power out of a 2.0

but would nosin the 1.6 give any problems?? do u understand wat i mean ?? i want the power when ever i want it there

if you supercharge it the power will always be there

whatever you do dont bother doing much to a 1.6!!!!

best bet would be to get a stronger more beefier engine in the first place as chances are it will last longer!

the 105/130 are WANK at holding power and the weakest Zetec engines (cos they're non-e)

2.0 is a lot stronger than 1.8, and the 115ps 1.8 is damn strong

Reason I asked about the spec was after seeing SilentStu's car score 161bhp on NMS rollers...... and I beleive he had quite a few mods, unichip, cams, as well as the usual. It also had a PBV and thinking back to the flames that thing use to chuck out, I reckon it would have made more power had it not had so much fuel going into it.

Anyway, I'm guessing the mods JD Motorsports do are the EGR-removal, and connect up to the exhaust / filter that 99% of clients will already own.....??

the 105/130 are WANK at holding power and the weakest Zetec engines (cos they're non-e)

What's the difference between the Zetec and Zetec-E then??

All I know is that Fords did *something* to get rid of the sticky valve problem.

just the usual "developments" really, thighter emissions, and general strengthening/smoothing of the engine

Zetec was the 1st crack at a brand new engine so a bit trial & error, Zetec-E was a further development

prime example, take Ross' "130" that pulled about 108 on the rollers and Dave's 105 that got 104, it is very very rare that u see a 115 down on power, 'specially with the "usual" mild mods, mine 122, paul's 123, Lee's 130+, the list goes on

What's the difference between the Zetec and Zetec-E then??

All I know is that Fords did *something* to get rid of the sticky valve problem.

oh and Zetec-E's still suffered from the "sticky" valve ;)

albeit not as much

Edited by Mike C

i already got a 1.8 with a fine block (uses no oil, coolent etc.)

my local scrappy said he would do the head, manifolds and tb for £40 which i think is outstanding. the plan then is to get it reconditioned. i could do most of this as i am an apprentice prototype mechanic working for ford. cos us ford lot a lazy fcukers we can get away with doing little odd jobbies like this.

Seriously how is the 2l engine gonna weigh more that the 1.6- the zetec engines are the same size! So any difference would be minimal! Just put a 2l engine in mine, told insurance company the engine is from a mondeo 2l LX- group 10! Thats the same as an 1.8! :cheers:

Had mine unichipped with magnex cat back and k&n and have 154.5 bhp! Thats wiv a 1.6 cat still on, so more power when I remove/change that and its still basically a standard engine! :thumb: