Mk6 to Mk5 cossie rep

Dubs

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dubs you are the man... if this carries on it will be a very convincing replica, especially as its on a P plate... just need a turbo lump and a full escos interior :thumb:

Cheers mate :thumb: don't think funds will stretch to a full interior atm but i do have a couple of alternative ideas that might work but i'll go into that at a later date. For the sake of it being pretty much a straight swap it will be 2 litred. I can do an engine change like for like but i wouldn't have a clue where to start on a turbo transplant tbh.

I know it looks ok on the photos (which are of shite quality, I'll borrow a digital camera and take some more later this week) but its not without the odd blemish here and there and one or two small ripples in the rear quaters. You'd know straight away that it was a rep if you saw it up close but at the end of the day, its a diy job done in a single garage and will never be as good as a pro could do it. It was never intended to be a ' perfect' rep, just something that looks a bit like an escos. I just enjoy mucking about with cars and getting my hands dirty.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments and encouragement, i'm sure had it not been for all the good feedback I might have lost interest by now:cheers:

Dubs you are the man... if this carries on it will be a very convincing replica, especially as its on a P plate... just need a turbo lump and a full escos interior :thumb:

Cheers mate :thumb: don't think funds will stretch to a full interior atm but i do have a couple of alternative ideas that might work but i'll go into that at a later date. For the sake of it being pretty much a straight swap it will be 2 litred. I can do an engine change like for like but i wouldn't have a clue where to start on a turbo transplant tbh.

I know it looks ok on the photos (which are of shite quality, I'll borrow a digital camera and take some more later this week) but its not without the odd blemish here and there and one or two small ripples in the rear quaters. You'd know straight away that it was a rep if you saw it up close but at the end of the day, its a diy job done in a single garage and will never be as good as a pro could do it. It was never intended to be a ' perfect' rep, just something that looks a bit like an escos. I just enjoy mucking about with cars and getting my hands dirty.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments and encouragement, i'm sure had it not been for all the good feedback I might have lost interest by now:cheers:

and thats the whole fun of cars! do it yourself and give it a go! it wont be perfect, (theres no such thing) my moto is never give anything full marks as there will always be something out there better!

cant wait to see this beast finished, i reckon a rs turbo lump just for the turbo sound to make it a very convincing rep when driving along! (i guess an RST would be cheaper than a ZT)

Well I must admit that I have been set on the idea of the 2 litre for a while but if anyone has any info about fitting a turbo engine (erst or frst) and what bits i'll need then post it in this thread and if it sounds like something i think i could tackle then it might get turbo'd.

Well I must admit that I have been set on the idea of the 2 litre for a while but if anyone has any info about fitting a turbo engine (erst or frst) and what bits i'll need then post it in this thread and if it sounds like something i think i could tackle then it might get turbo'd.

if your serious on it (its alot to type) then drop me a pm and i can tell you just about everything - well about running MFI. EFI i can tell you how to fit it, just dont have a clue with the loom etc.

if your serious on it (its alot to type) then drop me a pm and i can tell you just about everything - well about running MFI. EFI i can tell you how to fit it, just dont have a clue with the loom etc.

Cheers reid :thumb: It was really the electrical side I was worried about tbh. If you can give me a very brief summary of the bits i'd need without going into detail just to give me an idea of what it's all about. I'll make a decision from there.

*edit*just read through lazy arse pies frst thread in the mechanical section and the turbo idea sounds way too complicated for me to handle on my own so i think i'll have to go for the 2 litre option

Anyway a couple more pics of what i've been up to so far today...........

now got the rear up on axel stands and a jack (can't be too careful!!!) so i could take off the backbox to make way for the bumper....

Image000-8.jpg

...back box off. If anyone wants it and can collect from rg12 8yg it's up for grabs for nothing. Made by scorpion 3 1/2 " tailpipe off '97 1.8 si.

Started to prime fuel cap and have got a few coats of black on the dreaded mk6 handles!!

Wing mirrors were primed up yesterday so on with the paint today........

The rear bumper is finished aswell so on monday should get all the painted bits back on the car along with my 1 remaining pop out rear window and then i'll get hold of a digi camera and take some decent pictures :thumb:

Edited by Dubs

Started putting the rest of the bits back on it this morning. Moved it out of the garage to get some better shots but couldn't get hold of a digital camera so had to use my phone..........

Image004-8.jpg

Image006-4.jpg

Image008-4.jpg

Image011-2.jpg

Image010-5.jpg

Image009-3.jpg

Image014-1.jpg

Image012-1.jpg

Image017-1.jpg

Image016-3.jpg

Image015-1.jpg

Still have a few more bits to do on the bodywork but getting there. Also been a development on the engine front. Need to sort out the details but I will say that she may be getting turbo'd after all :thumb:

Thought i'd add a quick reminder of what she looked like before all the work started last september

Image001.jpg

Image000.jpg

Edited by Dubs