Mk6 to Mk5 cossie rep

Dubs

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got a point there peewee. Why the hell did i put it on something that was less sturdy than the thing it fell off of in the first place????????? :nutter:

Like i said, two good sturdy kitchen chairs & a plain sheet is great, dont forget that with the chairs spaced correct you can use the backs of the chairs to rest things like spoilers, the sheet means that one one sides done you can turn the part over & avoid scratching the still soft paint on the chair tops.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another update. :thumb: Due to working away progress has been slow over the last couple of weeks although I wasn't gonna let that stop me, so I took the whaletail with me to prep and paint

Image000-7.jpg

This is now finished. Due to family commitments only got home yesterday but I have given myself this week off work to try and get the bodywork finished (purks of being your own boss :thumb: )

So out to the garage this morning to refit the bonnet that i resprayed , then turned the car round to start work on the back end.

Flat and polished the tailgate first..........

Image001-7.jpg

......then fitted rear lights ( not to everyones taste but I like them) and number plate..........

Image002-6.jpg

...........next up, flat and polished the lower spoiler and lobbed that on..........

Image003-5.jpg

.........and then it was time for my favorite bit to go on :thumb: (Sorry for the crap pic, didn't come out too well)

Image004-6.jpg

Also the rear bumper is half way through the primer stage so if the weather holds out might have that fitted towards the end of the week. As always, comments welcome :cheers:

superb fella :thumb:

deffinatly gettin there!!

where are you getting the exhaust from to fit in with the rear bumper?

No idea yet mate. The old exhaust comes out the other side of the chassis rail to the new hole so i'm at a bit of a loss with that one at the moment because space is a bit tight where the new hole is. There must be a way round it because it has been done before

No idea yet mate. The old exhaust comes out the other side of the chassis rail to the new hole so i'm at a bit of a loss with that one at the moment because space is a bit tight where the new hole is. There must be a way round it because it has been done before

custom made exhaust , only way for it to look right :thumb:

Yeah, I think you're right mate. Might just have to bite the bullet and take it to a powerflow dealer to get it done.

Yeah, I think you're right mate. Might just have to bite the bullet and take it to a powerflow dealer to get it done.

160 for a backbox , got one on mine :) any tailpipe and box ya want , lifetime guarantee

160 for a backbox , got one on mine :) any tailpipe and box ya want , lifetime guarantee

I assume they will be able to weld new brackets on aswell cos the position of the backbox has totally changed?