Mk6 to Mk5 cossie rep

Dubs

Yet another update.

Firstly a pic of my mk5 dash bought from tezmanian devil :thumb: , with the banana pod and cossie steering wheel off ebay

Image000-2.jpg

Then my geuine cossie whaletail turn up minus the centre leg which has kindly been broken off and lost by the Royal mail :vangry: You want a pay rise do your f*cking jobs properly. Luckily i had the old mk6 whaletail still in the garage so i cut the leg off that and grafted it onto the new spoiler. This is it dry fitted to the car

Image006-1.jpg

Image007-1.jpg

Bumper grill and vents got battered whist the other work was being done so they are back in primer.........

Image010-1.jpg

Finished all the prep on the car itself and been waiting for some warm weather to crack on with the painting. Three consecutive days of sun meant this could happen

Image003-1.jpg

Image004-2.jpg

Image005-2.jpg

This will be left for a couple of weeks for the paint to fully harden, then cutting compound, polish and wax. meanwhile I can concertrate on the bumpers spoilers etc..............

As always, comments welcome :cheers: :cheers:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit late now though its been painted ?

The doors on there at the moment were just temporary until some good mk5 ones came up anyway so either way i'm gonna be spraying a pair of doors again. I've sort of given myself a challange to do the car by myself without paying anyone to do work on it and I can't weld so we'll just have to see what happens. Against peoples better judgement the mk6 handles will be sprayed and put back on for the time being and they may well end up staying on there for a while (waits for the slating to begin.) But it does seem like a lot of aggro to change some handles and the project has evolved further than I ever intended it to. It wasn't even gonna have the wide arch kit on at one point and I was going to keep the mk6 tailgate aswell.

Thanks again for all the comments :cheers: :cheers: