Mk6 to Mk5 cossie rep

Dubs

superb fella :thumb:

deffinatly gettin there!!

where are you getting the exhaust from to fit in with the rear bumper?

No idea yet mate. The old exhaust comes out the other side of the chassis rail to the new hole so i'm at a bit of a loss with that one at the moment because space is a bit tight where the new hole is. There must be a way round it because it has been done before

custom made exhaust , only way for it to look right :thumb:

Yeah, I think you're right mate. Might just have to bite the bullet and take it to a powerflow dealer to get it done.

160 for a backbox , got one on mine :) any tailpipe and box ya want , lifetime guarantee

I assume they will be able to weld new brackets on aswell cos the position of the backbox has totally changed?

They can do anything you want m8, you could have it comming out of your boot if you wanted :P

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great Dubs! Really impressed with the work your doing on this - looking forward to the finished result.

Oh, next time your out with the camera - don't forget the ol' fuel cap.

Don't get a bean can for an exhaust either - keep it tasteful for that authentic look. :)

One question - the bit below the rear lights and above the bumper - is that just the standard bit from the MK6 and the MK5 lights fit above it, or did you have to fit a MK5 part somehow (can't remember if thats part of the car, of if its a bolt-on bit?).

Paul.

there too loud and in your face.

Sounds perfect. Seriously though, I was under the impression that they could taylor make a system that looks and sounds like your exact requirements

they can , small box or big box .. ive got a small one on mine and its as quiet as a magnex , but if you get a full system make sure you keep the center box ;)

but otherwise its an awesome choice , ile be getting anotherone :)

Looking great Dubs! Really impressed with the work your doing on this - looking forward to the finished result.

Oh, next time your out with the camera - don't forget the ol' fuel cap.

Don't get a bean can for an exhaust either - keep it tasteful for that authentic look. :)

One question - the bit below the rear lights and above the bumper - is that just the standard bit from the MK6 and the MK5 lights fit above it, or did you have to fit a MK5 part somehow (can't remember if thats part of the car, of if its a bolt-on bit?).

Paul.

Don't worry mate i'll be going for an oval exhaust but it might be a touch bigger than the standard cossie one :thumb:

The panels below the rear lights are spotwelded on the mk6 but on the mk 5 the come as one piece with the rear lamp section so i just cut off the bits i needed from the mk5 panels.

Sorry about the filler cap pics totally forgot today but will be getting the car out on wednesday so i can find all the bits and get some pics

Thanks for all the comments, peeps :cheers:

Moved the car out of the garage today to get some better pics of how it stands at the moment :thumb:

Hope you like

Image008-3.jpg

Image009-2.jpg

Image010-4.jpg

Image011-1.jpg

Bumper has had three coats of paint.........

Image016-2.jpg

.....And especially for Paul O ( and anyone else thats interested) How i got round the filler cap problem...

Firstly popped off the cap itself then took the plastic surround out and cut it to still retain the hinge part.........

Image006-3.jpg

Image007-3.jpg

.. Filled in the gap between the old rear quarter and the fibreglass one and cut out a square in the metalwork so the hinged part would go back far enough (Looks shite but won't ever be seen when it all goes back in)

Image002-7.jpg

Will eventually be bonded in like this.....

Image001-8.jpg

and with the filler cap clipped into place....

Image003-6.jpg

comments welcome :cheers: :cheers:

christ already! get that car finished!!!! cant wait till its finished, looks like its getting close (well the exterior anyway!)

i think morettes would look good!

Yeah just another three coats on the rear bumper and prime and paint door handles and mirrors and the bodywork will be done (apart from a few finishing touches like bumper mesh side reps etc...)

As said on a previous post had some morrettes lined up but i was let down at the last minute so never got them. I deffo agree they would look better than the standard lights though :thumb:

Didn't the cossies have the 'older' style fuel cap?

Also it still subconsciously looks like a mk6 to me lol! I think it's because of the mk6 handles on the door

Awesome job though dude!!

I've seen plenty of escos' with the flaps. Doors will be adressed at a later date if i can be bothered :thumb: