Mk6 to Mk5 cossie rep

Dubs

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another day off work today as the job I was supposed to be on fell through. The weather was good today so got cracking with the cutting compound and polish. I managed to get my mates step son round to give me a hand because i couldn't face the prospect of doing the whole car myself ;(

Firstly flatted off with 1200 wet and dry........

Image002-4.jpg

...then cutting compound and polish (sorry about the crap pics probably doesn't show up very well)

Image003-3.jpg

Image008-2.jpg

Couple of other random pics

Image007-2.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

Image001-5.jpg

Having been told on a previous update that the exhaust cut out was in the wrong place and that I should get it sorted, i've now modified the back bumper so it is somewhere close to where it should be. Still not finished but getting there......

Image004-3.jpg

Image005-3.jpg

Image000-4.jpg

And while clearing up in the garage before putting the car away this happened to one of my cossie pop out windows ;( ;( ;( ;( ........

Image006-2.jpg

But thers always a silver lining cos that rusted bolt that I couldn't get out is now free of the window!!!

As ever , comments welcome :cheers: :cheers:

wow, changed so much since i was last on...

would look so cool with some morrette's me think's, i'd personally leave the door handle's, you'd never really notice if you didnt know it was a mk6 befour, the new reyland cossie has em and looks ok, kinda suit's the wing mirrors more, not so boxy looking...

good work tho mate, tis a shame about the window, but there is somtime's single ones on ebay and that...

wow, changed so much since i was last on...

would look so cool with some morrette's me think's, i'd personally leave the door handle's, you'd never really notice if you didnt know it was a mk6 befour, the new reyland cossie has em and looks ok, kinda suit's the wing mirrors more, not so boxy looking...

good work tho mate, tis a shame about the window, but there is somtime's single ones on ebay and that...

Hello stranger :thumb: Yeah, had some morrettes sorted but they fell through and i never got them so i'll be using the headlamps you sold me for the time being.

Can't be arsed with changing the handles at the moment so the mk6 ones will be painted and put back on for the time being.

I think i'm gonna have to take a step back from the project for a couple of weeks though cos the last few days on it have been an absolute disaster.

oh yeh, forgot i sold them to ya lol.

'disaster' whats gone wrong?? beside's the window breaking...

Lower spoiler was in its last coat of primer ready to paint and it fell off the stool it was resting on and got fu*ked

Upper spoiler was resting on the bonnet of my other car and a gust of wind blew that off and fu*ked that

Broke one of the bumper indicators when i was fitting them

Badly orange peeled bonnet ( Think i put the paint on a bit too thick) So tried rubbing down with wet n dry and went through the paint

Keeps bloody raining so can't get any more painting done

I could go on...........................but i've had enough of it atm ;(

Edited by Dubs