Mk6 to Mk5 cossie rep

Dubs

Love the enthusiasm and work so far.......

but.....

Why didnt you just get a mark 5 :unsure:

As ScORTED says, most of them are rotten and my car is a solid base to work from, but I never intended doing this to the car when I originally bought it over a year and a half ago. It just dawned on me one day " I've got a load of cossie parts in the garage, I wonder if i can make them fit my mk6"

Anyway, thanks for the comments peeps :cheers:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got them bits fitted yet mate?

found a bulb for them side reps that musta fallin out, pm me your address an ill send it to ya :thumb:

Haven't fitted any of them yet mate. Just concentrating on the bodywork atm. I.ll pm you in a bit mate :cheers:

looks like your doing a top job - hope its gonna have the go too though :cheers:

I'll be looking to go down the tried and tested 2 litre route on it when the bodyworks done :thumb:

Love it, its no half hearted attempt, if your gonna do it do it propperly:) top work!!!

Cheers mate! :thumb:

looking good!

how did you go about attaching the arches to the car? did you rivet them? im sure i can make out river/screw heads?

what did the kit fit like? much trimming needed?

The front arches are direct fibreglass replacements and were bonded on with sikaflex and self tapping screws. The rear arches are bonded on with fibreglass filler ( Sticks like s*it to a blanket) and held on with self tappers till it had gone off, then they were removed. bit of trimming here and there and some reshaping of some of the metalwork but all in all not a bad fitting kit.

maybe a bit early yet but what colour u going for on it?

crackin work though so far, nothing like dedication :thumb:

Thanks mate! The car will stay in it's original colour of panther black :thumb:

The project looks awsome mate!

Just one thing: at the end -> you must put on original cossie rims, so the car would actually look like cozee.

As for the tyre dimensions, you can put 215-40-R16 on mk6 with no probs (just dont lower it lol). Ask Trig_112 for further instructions.

he's just bought a set of 18's , dont think he's gonna be getting cossies :P

projects coming along nicely mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another update for the good people of evo to cast your eyes over. More works gone into it than the pictures show but its all been prepwork really. Filling in all the pits, small holes and dents etc......

masking up

Image017.jpg

First coat of primer on, just to show up all the imperfections really

Image020-1.jpg

and after lots of filling rubbing down, more filling , more rubbing down, more fil............................ X(

almost ready for final couple of coats of primer

Image001-2.jpg

Image002-1.jpg

Image003.jpg

Also started thinking about the interior. Bought a mk5 dash amongst other things from Tezmanian Devil, and some cossie pop outs from Super Scort Cheers lads :cheers:

Been busy on Ebay aswell and have managed to get a genuine whaletail in need of a small repair ( it was well cheap!) Genuine escos steering wheel and banana pod aswell ( not so cheap)

Hopefully the car will be ready for paint by next weekend although there has been a slight change of plan with the colour.

:cheers: :cheers: