Mk6 to Mk5 cossie rep

Dubs

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update time! :thumb:

I've spent most of the time since the last update preping the car ready for primer so not really worth taking pictures of that.

Tonight i've spent the evening turning the back end from a mk6 to a mk5. I already had the tailgate on so set about getting the lights in and the panels that go underneath them fitted. Theres a little bit of tweaking to do but the are only dry fitted anyway at the moment.

Image015.jpg

Then I test fitted the back bumper. Won't be towing anyone in this car now, as the towing eye had to come off to get the bumper on!

Image016.jpg

:cheers:

lookin good so far , shame the exhaust ist goin to come out in the propper place ;(

Yeah mate. Its an ESP bumper that i've had stored for a couple of years. Not very happy with it really but can't justify going out and buying another one. Definately gonna try and raise the exhaust though. Should make it look a little better.

yeah man :thumb: i would stump up the extra money meself but thats me lol

You might have a point mate. being as the pics were only up for 10 minutes before it was pointed out i think i might have to see if theres any genuine ones on ebay!

deffo matey you have done a top job so far and am really into it ! but that bumper would spoil it for me tbh :thumb:

genuine one's have a black strip that goes along the back of them (in the bit that dips in---between the exhaust hole and tow eye bit), so look out for that, most people say they are, but there jus copy's most of the time :nutter:

Cool mate. Looking at the pictures it's really bugging me now. And the general feeling is that it should be changed by judging by what everones said so far. I thinks it's got to be done!