Tired Old 911 - Gleaming 911

Mike C

This just shows what you can do to a 911 that hasn't turned a wheel in over 5 years with 10 and half hours work

C911c.jpg

C911a.jpg

C911b.jpg

C911.jpg

C911d.jpg

C911g.jpg

C911e.jpg

C911t.jpg

C911u.jpg

C911r.jpg

C911s.jpg

C911w.jpg

C911i.jpg

C911j.jpg

C911k.jpg

C911zz.jpg

C911z.jpg

C911yy.jpg

C911y.jpg

C911xx.jpg

C911x.jpg

C911ww.jpg

C911vv.jpg

C911v.jpg

C911q.jpg

once again, I will wait until someone else makes a comment until I add the rest of the pics :cheers:

not me that did it, again it's Clark@Polished Bliss

here's a rundown of how it was done

Hi guys, havent really posted anything on here for about a week and a bit - not due to a lack of cars but because we've not really had anything worth posting :)

This one was worth it though, a 1987 3.2 Carerra. I love these 911's - My dads first 911 was this style and it was the car i came home from the hospital in on the day i was born :D

This one had seen better days though, the owner is a customer of ours and Races a 997 GT3 RS Cup Car and had initially bought it for his son to race in the Classics but decided that it was probably too good a car to strip and more than likely wreck, so instead he had me tidy it up a bit. I was quite excited about doing this car as i'd wanted to do it for ages since the first time i saw it sitting in the shed :D

As you can see it had sat for a good while (road tax ran out 5 years ago!):

The interior & especially the leather was pretty grubby to say the least aswell, with spots of mould appearing in places:

I usually like to wash and dry the car before anything else but the battery was as flat as a pancake and the owner wasnt around when i arrived to help me push the car outside, so i decided to tackle the interior first as i knew it would take a good few hours anyways.

Firstly i dusted out all the vents and scraped out all the crap from between the plastics etc with a triple duty detailing brush. I then thoroughly hoovered the interior and shampoo'd the carpets and matts before cleaning the door shuts etc with an all in one product

I then set about cleaning the leather as it was prety grubby. Using a mild solution of APC (10:1) and a soft nail brush i gently worked the brush in a circular motion and then wiped dry with an old MF cloth.

This isnt the worst bit but it gives you an idea of before and after

The leather was then fed with Zymol Treat and once the vinyl and plastics had been cleaned with APC (4:1) they were treated with Zymol Vinyl - I'm really starting to like this stuff, it leaves a nice finish without being too shiney and it doesnt leave any oily resiude, its completely dry to the touch:

The inside glass was then cleaned with Zymol HD Cleanse, the rear window taking a full 15 minutes to get completely crystal clear - Porsche really never thought about us poor detailers when it came to designing the shape of that rear window :D

The owner then made an appearance so we pushed the car outside to allow me to get it washed.

The car was foamed with APC through the foam gun twice and this was left to dwell as i soaked the arches with a super de-greaser and cleaned the wheels with a non-acidic wheel gel with the 2 bucket method and an Mf mitt as they were minging!

The car was then Washed with the TBM and this allowed me to see that just about every panel had some kind of overspray which looked a bit like some sort of wood treatment. Nearly 2 hours later and the car was squeaky clean after i clayed with Zymol Lehm Clay.

I then dried the car while my trusty Leon charged the Porsche battery via some jumper cables so i could drive the car back into the garage (it was on an upwards slope) :D

The owner wasnt fussed about paint correction on this particular detail as he just wanted it looking "clean again" so i went straight to HD Cleanse via the PC and a polishing pad @ speed 5, with a slight mist of field glaze used to assist in removal.

The paint was then fed with Zymol Carbon applied by hand, and all exterior trims were dressed and buffed off 20 mins later.

The wheels were still pretty tarnished after washing

So out with the fine cut metal polish and a polishing pad

The black centres were cleaned with an all in one product,the whole wheel was then sealed and the tyres/arches were dressed.

The exhaust pipes were polished too with the stubborn tar spots being removed with a Tar & Glue remover.

The outside Glass was then HD Cleansed and the whole car was given a final wipe down with Field Glaze.

No outside after pics i'm afraid as the battery went flat again lol, so you'll have to make do with the inside shots (just aswell as it started raining anyways!)

you can work out which are the corresponding pics easy enough

:cheers:

I bet the vast majority of people on here have no idea what DW is or even what "detailing" is

The point is to show how much you can improve the look of your car by cleaning it

It's a much better idea than sticking rubbish to it.....badly, when you can instead spend your £200 (an example on amount) on cleaning gear

or if you can afford to spend a lot on your car, then you can afford to pay a pro to do it

I'm not going to paste every thread from every detailing forum onto here, but when I think something is worthwhile and worth posting, I will bring it over for all to see ;)

:cheers:

I bet the vast majority of people on here have no idea what DW is or even what "detailing" is

You posted in the detailing section of a forum.....

which before it was opened (I dunno how long it's been here, but doubt it's been long), I'm sure not many people on here would have really known the 1st thing about.....