*** Windows 7 ***

PeeWee

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

solid as a rock.

I code in many different languages using all sorts of software as well as running web servers for projects and its never let me down yet.

Actually come to think of it I have never crashed this operating system when coding yet!! Bet I could (and have many times) crash XP in a second.

I particularly like the way this version hibernates even if it is a bit of a security issue.

Edited by Gadge

yep, as above. file navigation is miles faster as well.

only problem im having is setting up my home network, i can map my server drives to the laptop that i have Win7 installed on, and can access the files but for some reason the server isnt showing up in the list of computers in the network icon on the left hand side in 'my computer'. it could be a cross platform issue as the server is still running xp, but im not 100% sure.

anyone?

Workgroup issue? try setting them to the same name.

yeah i think so, i only spent a little bit of time playing around with it last night. managed to get the network connections mapped and up and running as i said, but its not listing the network computers in the list. ill try playing around with the workgroup tonight. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping an old thread I know.....

Just installed Ultimate (extreme edition :) ) (Took 32 mins and that included formatting 2 partitions then extending into 1!

So far it is absolutely fantastic. I hated vista so downgraded to XP. I wasn't sure how I would feel about 7 but it's amazing. I'm running it on a 4 year old Dell E520 and it's flawless.

Aaron did you ever get a copy?