*** Windows 7 ***

PeeWee

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stoos had it for donkeys i think, and have to agree with aaron, the task bar looks shite

look good though i must say! :)

Yeh girl hair kept telling me about this a while back when he first installed it, he was like a kid with a new toy lol

I said exactly the same thing about the task bar....

whats so different to windows 7 then to vista?

It handles resources like it should do instead of eating up everything you have just to display the desktop for a start.

Similar to how a vista pc will run xp much faster & smoother.

Vista doesnt eat all your ram, it puts the bits you don't use to use to precache data you will need to make your experience quicker, pretty much same way linux Os's cache all the ram. Windows users don't seem to understand this though ;)

But yes, DWM does use around 50% less resources.

stoos had it for donkeys i think, and have to agree with aaron, the task bar looks shite

look good though i must say! :)

Yeh girl hair kept telling me about this a while back when he first installed it, he was like a kid with a new toy lol

I said exactly the same thing about the task bar....

so funny!

I want my spare computer back to try it out on! it may be the OS for my new baby!

Yeah right here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...a-download.aspx

The customer beta program will end soon so get it now if you want it, remember it is Beta software, it may crash, it may burn it may f**k everything up, so as usual don't use it in a production environment, or use it for important files & documents.

First thing to do when you install it is to install all of the windows updates, do not open any MP3's before you do this or you may find that they have the ends cut off them.

The customer beta program will end soon so get it now if you want it, remember it is Beta software, it may crash, it may burn it may f**k everything up, so as usual don't use it in a production environment, or use it for important files & documents.

lol you sound like a Microsoft representative if you tell them your going to use the system for a "real time application" (check out the eula as well) :P

I have played around with "7" on several of my friends machines and I must say its a pretty solid operating system I cant say much about the look of it either, it really does seem to be back to basics with XP as well, only the release is as good as the beta.

lol you sound like a Microsoft representative if you tell them your going to use the system for a "real time application" (check out the eula as well) :P

I have played around with "7" on several of my friends machines and I must say its a pretty solid operating system I cant say much about the look of it either, it really does seem to be back to basics with XP as well, only the release is as good as the beta.

I'm a Microsoft Partner, so its probably something to do with all the sales stuff they send me lol!

Really though, It gets a bit over the top having to explain to people that likes of Vista isnt crap, its just everyone (even people that never used it) on the bandwagon saying its crap. And if you don't make it clear that Win7 is a beta, you will get the same people again complaining that it doesnt do this or that's broken etc.

I'm a Microsoft Partner, so its probably something to do with all the sales stuff they send me lol!

Really though, It gets a bit over the top having to explain to people that likes of Vista isnt crap, its just everyone (even people that never used it) on the bandwagon saying its crap. And if you don't make it clear that Win7 is a beta, you will get the same people again complaining that it doesnt do this or that's broken etc.

Understandable, I don’t find Vista to be all that bad, since the release of SP1 I can’t even remember the last time I had a system crash (unless it was from my bad coding :P).

I also find that many people are very against Vista for whatever reason (usually because they heard from a friend of a friends that its bad), even our lecturers are completely set against it yet I can’t understand why since it’s based already on the NT system, I assume it’s more down to costs of licences / time for the university to upgrade in reality since we have something along the lines of 14,000 machines and the plan is for them to go to “7” in a few years.

Luckily however the university is part of the Microsoft scheme so we get all sorts of Microsoft products for free!

I don’t have anything against Vista I have tuned it to how I want it and turned off many of the services which are useless to me, I find it to be a very stable and fast operating system which I use daily on my laptop.

It seems Vista is going to be “windows millennium” all over again, extremely short lived and just put in as something to cut the gap between “XP” and “7”.

• 6 months later...