*** Windows 7 ***

PeeWee

Just installed Microsofts upcoming baby Windows 7 on my ageing compaq laptop & tbh im in awe of it already.

All the stability of xp with the new features of Vista & all the new gubbins from windows 7 of course.

The bit thats taken me back is the fact im running this on 512 mem & 2ghz p4 with a bog standard gfx car & its awsome. Speed, fluent, features it has it all. I think Microsoft have really done their homework on this one listening to users views & it will get rid of all Vista haters in terms of resources needed.

Driver? Pfft no problem, Windows 7 does all the donkey work & finds the lot, its quite breathtaking.

Anyone else running this at the moment & if so what are your views?

Best most exciting thing to happen to the PC world since Windows95.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/kwikfix/Junk/win7.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been running windows 7 for a couple of weeks. Makes a older opteron based system run about as fast if not faster than vista on a core 2 duo with twice as much memory. Only problem I have is that of the two systems it's on at the minute, one it won't run the gfx card and the other it won't run my soundblaster live. Not microsofts fault, but making me stick with xp and ubuntu for the time being.

stoos had it for donkeys i think, and have to agree with aaron, the task bar looks shite

look good though i must say! :)

He had a non 7000 build version.

8) Glad Pete finally installed it... the taskbar, whilst may look a bit wierd in non-aero mode, looks really nice when Aero is on, it's really easy to use, i've set mine to smaller icons, as you can see on this shot:

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/17400.jpg