17 and a rs2000

sonny-1600

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icky situation. When up in leeds I got pulled over 4 or so times in the space of 3 days for my exhaust. Im guessing it was marked on their computers or something, every time a police car was near theyd follow me or flick on the blues. Apparently I was racing when pulling away normally at junctions (really was!), still didnt stop them threatening me with producers etc. Was fucked up. One of the woman cops ( :/ ) said the database come up with no insurance and they would impound my car. Turns out when I spoke to the other woman, the database was down..

They can do what they like.

Edited by MC_Bob

They can do what they like.

You're missing the point though. The law also protects you against them. Sure, they can give you a producer, that's life and hardly a problem - it takes 5 minutes to show your docs at the copshop and you're done. Ultimately if they start dishing them out to you every week then you can file a complaint against them.

Some coppers may THINK they can do what they like, but when it comes to the crunch and actually actioning something (eg, charging you), then they better have some pretty good evidence of it or in court it'll get thrown out!

stick with what you got mate, build up your no claims thats exactly what i done, and when i just turned 21 a year ago now my insurance went up from 400 quid on a 1.6 to 1400 quid, so if your payin over 2k good chances are they wont touch ya or you will be paying more then what the car is actually worth, yes the rs2000 is alot faster then the 1.6 but id rather pay less then pay more then the value of the car,

• 3 weeks later...
just thought I'd mention if your getting interweb quotes the actual price is likely to be a lot higher when you ring them up I had hell on tryin to insure my 2000 was getting qoutes of a grand and when i rang them up they would either refuse to insure me or bump up the price to the wrong side of 2k I'm 19 with 1 year ncb jus over 2 years driving no points no accidents touch wood and in the end managed to get insured for 1400 on my own policy thats including the interest they add on throughout your monthly payments, obviously thats a lot of money but I Can't see anyone with similar circumstances getting cheaper insuranceon one... bottom line is you should wait I regret forking out that much money sometimes but they are really nice cars :thumb: