BMW 318is mega-project

sidrick

Picked up some clear rears locally after a guy online trying to mess me about (still waiting on a refund :\ ). Here's how the rusty bird-rubbish magnet looks tonight:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC10181.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC10182.jpg

I went to fit the new front foglight bracket and foglight only to find that the foglight connector must have caught on something and is now bare wires with no connector :( I should have tied it up somewhere rather than leave it loose, so it's my own fault. I might just leave it single fogged and look for an M3 bumper to buy on pay day.....

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you await each of my updates just to say something negative?

I don't mind if you do. I just wondered.

So i'm not the only negative nancy around here :rolleyes:

no but you are the only Nancy..... suppose theres Lee2f2f but he's more of a fairy than a nancy :thumb:

Edited by shawdreamer

nothing against what your doing, you really shoulda started with a better one though for what your spending, tis nice to watch the progress, if you get the bits repsrayed and some better wheels you'll have a thumbs up from me, i know thats what you desire ;)

I'm gonna break mine and have a rest from projects for some time. I do think you should carry on, sort it out and enjoy it though.

Keep at it Sidrick!

Loving the clear lights.

You will end up doing a temp spray job on it when you fit the wings lol

When I put my panels on i had a red boot, red bonnet, grey wing and white wing, sometimes you have no option to do a cheap spray job, least everything will match.

Keep at it Sidrick!

Loving the clear lights.

You will end up doing a temp spray job on it when you fit the wings lol

When I put my panels on i had a red boot, red bonnet, grey wing and white wing, sometimes you have no option to do a cheap spray job, least everything will match.

I couldn't find spray cans in my colour at BMW nor Halfords, and a chimp with learning difficulties could do a better job of rattle canning something than I could!

A friend of a friend is going to take it for a few days after my next pay, and give it back to me with fitted and srayed front wings, nose cone and bumper :)

I'm still looking at cars on a daily basis, and got a quote for insurance on my Polish friend's 635csi as he's looking to sell and I've wanted it for ages.

I called my insurance company, and after referring it to the underwriters, came back and told me that (due to engine size and LPG conversion) they want an additional £2100 per year...... so £4500 in total. Monthly payments from now on would be £442.

I don't think I'll be buying it!

The M52 engine is also a no-go, as it would mean rewiring the whole car as well :(

Edited by sidrick