BMW 318is mega-project

sidrick

I hope you do fall in love with it again once you drive it - looks like so much blood, sweat and tears have gone into this it'd be a real shame not to reap the rewards. As for the rims, I love the slightly dished BBS rims on E36's - how about some of these:

Sorry for the shoddy image quality, best I could find outside of ebay:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k209/brockyme/rat%20rod/4.jpg

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andaba, I wish I'd had a better check over it when I bought it, but it's just too rusty for me to love now. I'm eying up a local 325i saloon and Audi coupe anyway, lol.

I'm just going to get this through it's MOT on Tuesday and punt it on.

The way I see it is: I'm fcuking horrific at saving, so if I've spent, say, £1200 on this, including wheels/tyres, over the course of 3 months, and get circa £1000 back from the lot......... then that's a win for me, as there's NO danger I'd have been able to save a grand over 3 months. It would have been split nicely between Ladbrokes and the pub, lol.

Can any 5 series forum geeks distribute this for me? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230452260406

Internet friends......... woe is me!

I slung it in for it's MOT today and it failed dramatically, on......

A hole in the back box, that is all. Mega-win.

Mega lose is they'll have to check exactly what system is on the car, but quoted me either 231 or 286 fitted :-\

I checked and the back box comes with the centre section too, so the price is believable. This is obviously more than I want to pay for 2 exhaust sections and I can find cheaper myself and fit it, but that means taking it away, getting the part delivered, having a nightmare getting the original section off, then taking it back and paying for a retest(which will be another 10 days). I'm going to tell them to just get it all sorted tomorrow and give me a shiney MOT certificate by tomorrow night.

In other news, the ABS light came on last night...... and with no time to sort out the issue, I just put a bit of black tape over the ABS light on the dash panel (very obvious 1 inch x 1 inch bit of black tape with light emitting from the sides). I didn't actually think that would work, lol

Obviously I'll get it into work as soon as it'd MOT'd and get a free diagnostics done to save me using trial and error replacing sensors :)

So, it should be road legal by tomorrow. Who'd have thought?!!?

Couldnt you take it to powerflow or longlife or something and get a subtle custom backbox for no more than £170

Win win because its new, shiny, and gives a bit of noise no?

I take it home, book it into a powerflow dealer (probably wouldn't get it this weekend, so it'd be into April since weekdays are a no-go), pay your very low estimate of £170 plus the various knackered brackets that hold it on, then ask the MOT place for a retest (was a 9 day wait for my MOT, so would imagine it'd be the same). Pretty much 3 weeks without a car that can be (is now) on the road today.

I thought I'd pretty much covered that in my main post.

Edited by sidrick

advisory notice issued? ...

Tyres nearing legal limit (had the best 4 of the originals on).

Rear brake disks slightly pitted

Fuel pipe/s corroded

Offside headlamp not in good working order but not adversely affecting beam image (that's a new one to me, it's working and not cracked, I can only assume it's due to slight condensation inside the lense.

All easy fixes that were already noted :)