Spec me a computer

Craig855S

This would cost u £390, or deduct £40 if u want me to supply u windows 7 (genuine!!)

better than any pc u get from dell for the price and local shops (comet,currys.pc world ect....).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz Socket 775 1333FSB

Galaxy Black Mid Tower Case with Blue Bubble Light LED Strip - + 450W PSU

GT240 1GB GDDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 1066MHz

Asus P5P41D G41 Socket 775 ATX Motherboard

Tenda Wireless-G PCI Adapter

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

O yes forgot H/Drive well that depends on how big u want it tbh but your looking at £25-£40.

when thinking of haveing a pc allways think of the proccesser first and graphics with good heat sinked memory. they will give u great performance and reliability!!,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Issue resolved

Click

500W PSU

AMD Athlon II X3 425 2.7GHz

PATRIOT MEMORY 4GB PC6400 / DDR2 800Mhz / 240pin DIMM 2X2GB

Sony Optiarc AD-7240S 24x SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer 12x DVD-RAM

MDT 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3GB/s 16MB Cache 3.5inch HDD

GeForce® 9500GT Super+1GB (1024MB) WITH HDMI OUTPUT

Wireless

Windows 7 home premium

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/images/normal/cases/tower/s023591.jpg

£340 delivered. £90 better than the dell I was looking at which had the processor 1 model down, and a worse GFX card, but a bigger HD

Edited by Craig855S

If its for gaming then those cpu's are pritty pants and graphics card is a low spec 9 series card.

But it almost matchs the price tag ur buying it for so a fair buy tbh 8)

Good luck m8

Its not for proper gaming,I dont wanna run the latest games in full settings (hence why i wanted a budget computer)

So long as it can play modern ish games without framerate issues and be speedier than my vista laptop and my old XP piece of crap im happy.

Also, I tried to build this exact rig from aria.co.uk and it actually works out more expensive (Only because of the fact that windows 7 costs 70 quid)

If its for gaming then those cpu's are pritty pants and graphics card is a low spec 9 series card.

But it almost matchs the price tag ur buying it for so a fair buy tbh 8)

Good luck m8

Its not for proper gaming,I dont wanna run the latest games in full settings (hence why i wanted a budget computer)

So long as it can play modern ish games without framerate issues and be speedier than my vista laptop and my old XP piece of crap im happy.

Also, I tried to build this exact rig from aria.co.uk and it actually works out more expensive (Only because of the fact that windows 7 costs 70 quid)

Youll be fine then m8,

My mrs recently had a gaming laptop with dual graphics ect.. was pritty pants.

You should be able to play new games,

My spec is bit better than yours and i always use low settings as u will get better fps which gives u better gameplay.

You ever played counter strike Source?

Edited by daddycool

Yay... no Dell!!! :roll:

I'm forced to use Dells and one Alienware at work... The owner who bought them has regretted buying Dell since the installation... Even the servers are Dell... :(

The spec you've picked is certainly fine for what you want... mines only better GPU wise (and even that's one step up... 9600GSO 1GB) and mine plays most new games and nearly all 2009 and below games on Med->high settings.

Does exactly what I wanted and more! :cheers:

Not a bad spec at all craig will do the job nicely.

AMD triple cores pretty pants for gaming? errrr nah.........it will handle it fine.

its all down to the other components aswell, and the ram looks good, yer the Graphics isnt a bad card, will do the job, what size resolution will you be playing games at?

:cheers:

I'm forced to use Dells and one Alienware at work... The owner who bought them has regretted buying Dell since the installation... Even the servers are Dell... :(

I've never had a problem with the Dell rack servers I've installed, 'nor the client system. Even better when they forget to charge for a few £k's of stuff :innocent:

I've never had a problem with the Dell rack servers I've installed, 'nor the client system. Even better when they forget to charge for a few £k's of stuff :innocent:

Never had any issues with the Dell stuff either.

Never had any issues with the Dell stuff either.

I'm an IBM or HP fan... Dell is the enemy! :pancake:

Maybe one day Dell will change my opinion... until then I'l always dislike them no matter what the Dell sheep say :thumb:

It's my own opinion... it's valid for many reasons thus it sticks! After all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion! :innocent: