the X factor

MarkyMark

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you can spare just £20, Danny1987 has some GTI skirts & spats for sale. ;)

Offers like that are too tempting, im not skint just being careful. Suppose i could start collecting things now if they come up cheap and make a decision in thefuture :thumb: Will PM him. :cheers:

I would Mark, that is really cheap... cheap parts and changes the look of the car. Can't loose really mate!

looks lovely and clean! :)

have you seen anything of your old car? not seen it near girlfriends or on his drive for agessss mrs seemed to think it was being resprayed but iv not seen it in months now?

Funny you should say that, got a phone call from james (he bought it from me) last night. He sold it a couple of months back and is regretting it now. Hes trying to track it down to re-buy it.

looks lovely and clean! :)

have you seen anything of your old car? not seen it near girlfriends or on his drive for agessss mrs seemed to think it was being resprayed but iv not seen it in months now?

Funny you should say that, got a phone call from james (he bought it from me) last night. He sold it a couple of months back and is regretting it now. Hes trying to track it down to re-buy it.

what a div! and more to the point he said he would give me first refusal on that if he sold it!

are you de-wooding the inside or leaving there? and what toys has it got? elec windscreen aircon etc?

as a ghia x as standard it will have heated frint screen and washer jets, aircon, sunroof, front fogs, elec heated mirrors, headlight leveller, elec seat height adjuster, one touch windows.

ABS was an option though but given that it has white paint, leather seats and spoiler it might have it...

so jealous. wish mine was that good when i got it :(

are you de-wooding the inside or leaving there? and what toys has it got? elec windscreen aircon etc?

Just leaving everything as is, just going to do the bump strip, paint the tow eye at the back, get a new gear knob, chrome exhaust tip :blush: and keep it clean for know. As for toys i've not really looked at it that much. Drove it home yesterday and its just sat on the drive since. I'll probs go out tomorrow paint the tow eye and have a good look round it, not even tested the cd changer yet. Like i said i would've prefered a mint gti but this got me on the leather, condition and the fact its cheaper insurance :thumb:

Looks nice that Mark, it wouldn't cost a great deal for a few upgrades to make this look great :thumb:

True and it did cross my mind when i first saw it. If i do mod in the future at least i can safe in the knowledge its a good base :thumb:

as a ghia x as standard it will have heated frint screen and washer jets, aircon, sunroof, front fogs, elec heated mirrors, headlight leveller, elec seat height adjuster, one touch windows.

ABS was an option though but given that it has white paint, leather seats and spoiler it might have it...

so jealous. wish mine was that good when i got it :(

Its got all that and luckily everything works, no ABS though.

Little update:

Chrome tip fitted to tidy up the back end.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/mark-walker_06/Ghia%20X/ChromeTip.jpg

Bought a nearly new gear knob as the original had seen better days, looks much better now. Sourced myself a new bump strip courtesy of gtispec, big thanks there. That will be sanded down, sprayed and fitted this weekend, tow eye will be painted and if i get time i will start undersealing the car, starting with the sills :thumb:

Made my mind up about modifing it, its DEFINATELY stay as it is, kinda like it the way is. Thats it for now :cheers:

• 2 years later...