my car!

rachyxx

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are welded shut!? My bad, looks like they are just closed in her sig.

Edit:

For the amount of hassle cutting the C pillar and reinforcing would be,would probably be much easier/cheaper/fast/better looking to buy a 3 Dr and swap all the kit over imo

i believe that is an old pic. if you looka t some of the old blackpool meet reports i think there are some pics in there ;)

back doors went about 4 yrs ago! :rolleyes:

your right thou that sig is really old, waiting to get some pics when it's done this time! :thumb:

didn't want a 3 dr, wanted a 5dr made into a 3 dr so it's different, it also has had the arches widened and it has no side lines in it now, have all gone, thats what is taking the time! :nutter:

nearly done thou, just finishing the drivers side, ie petrol cap :nutter:

does look really nice shape without them! :D just hard work!

this is the last pics took, at blackpool, she is also back to black now.

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/23616.jpg

Edited by rachyxx

everythings going really well for once, it's all comin together, look even better now, getting excited now :roll:

should be out nxt week for defo, one sides complete now, just finishing the drivers side, looks so different again! :thumb:

the idea of doing the doors was i didn't use the back doors anyway because i had a boot build from the front seats, back and it hadn't been done, it had been talked about but no one tried it ?(

the whole point is having the back windows the way they are because it make you look twice :D thats what i believe modifing is about, the car WAS one of a kind, now it definatley is! :thumb:

kev hasn't seen it yet, told him he has got to wait too, so he can be honest with me when he first see's it ;) hope it's a good review! ;(

But you're always going to have that little rear window bit which shows it was/is 5dr ? :unsure:

You're being a right negative nancy recently.

Some things I just don't see the point in doing, each to their own and all that.

Im afraid thats what modding is all about mate ,each to there own ,ok it was a 5door and we decided to weld up the back doors our decision ,yeh we could have bought a 3door and swopped bits but it was the history of the car ,its a one off you wont see another like it ,but thats the idea of modding, one offs ,personal choices,it would be a boring world if every body thought the same and did the same ;)

Im 50/50 on the whole 5dr welded up thing myself...

I can see Liams view as tbf it does strike me as rather pointless getting a 5dr and losing the only reason for having a 5dr in the first place, 5drs were afterall introduced for practicality reasons.

but...

I can also see the reasons behind doing it, possible one-off or failing that atleast a rarity, additional space for a hefty install/additional space in the boot, 3dr appearance with the lessened 5dr blindspots

Edited by shawdreamer

This care has to be seen in the metal to appreciate how good it looks in all fairness. Look forward to seeing it again in its new form. Just to add Ian (sortedford) had his 5 door rears welded up long ago lol, his big modified project car is indeed a 5 door if you check carefully. :thumb:

This care has to be seen in the metal to appreciate how good it looks in all fairness. Look forward to seeing it again in its new form. Just to add Ian (sortedford) had his 5 door rears welded up long ago lol, his big modified project car is indeed a 5 door if you check carefully. :thumb:

I think not :P