Audi Coupe 2.0e

sidrick

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

link?

Link Nice plate.

Very nice, will a lot of the "bits" you've bought bolt straight onto a S2?

PS non members can post cars for sale on svag now btw, prob worth firing it on there

Sold the front lights and the suspension is different (wider front shocks on the S2 and completely different rear set up with it being Quattro) so selling that as well.

Will be retaining the US-spec rear plate surround which should look decent with that reg :)

link?

Link Nice plate.

Very nice, will a lot of the "bits" you've bought bolt straight onto a S2?

PS non members can post cars for sale on svag now btw, prob worth firing it on there

Sold the front lights and the suspension is different (wider front shocks on the S2 and completely different rear set up with it being Quattro) so selling that as well.

Will be retaining the US-spec rear plate surround which should look decent with that reg :)

looks alright in the pics, reg should look good on a smaller plate, still not convinced about that us plate holder though

I've not heard back from the guy (about A6 CYA) since I said I was coming to see it with my Audi master tech friend.... maybe a blessing in disguise? I did think it was rather cheap considering the plate is worth a bit.

Viewed the other and it's fine mechanically but needs a lot of work on the body. It's cheaper and in a nicer colour, but I don't think I would be happy driving it around without about £1.5-2k spent sorting it out, which realistically rules it out of my price range. Can't really go any higher than £3,500 (at a push) as I have holidays and a house deposit to pay for this year.

Sold my headlights and the suspension kit for £500 over the weekend to boost the fund :cheers:

There's fcuk all else on the market just now so the kingfisher beauty will get booked in for the track rod ends and tracking after pay day and I'll get the MOT done at the same time before re-advertising it :) No rush at all to sell it, but was rather unhappy on Friday after being unable to overtake a 1.6 Fiesta that was 'nipping on' on a dual carriageway :( Around town it's fine, but the 8-valver really suffers above 4k RPM.

Sorry about the anti-climax lads, as happens so often, when I added up the cost of the engine transplant with its turbo rebuild, custom exhaust, rare-as-fcuk engine mount and remap every time I want to up the power, it didn't really make sense. I'd still be left with a non-S2, non-4WD car that had £3k spent on it but was still only worth a grand. With the S2 I'll get the Audi S badge, which means it shouldn't go down in value from what I pay, a 2.2 solid engine that's good for 400bhp and 4WD to put the power down.

/blog

how much are the earlier s4's these days?

A little outside my budget (£4.5-6.5k) and the running costs for a good one are far too much. If anything went wrong with a v6 bi-turbo I'd probably be fcuked, but should be able to deal with anything the i5 single tubo can throw at me. (/self-facepalm already)

Looked at a couple of E36 M3s but from experience I know even the good ones don't make the power, and my end of the price range would need some money spending. I can't really do a RWD as a daily driver through winter either. I was bidding on a 525ix (4wd) for a while 2 weeks ago but it ended up going for as much as an M3, lol.