• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Did you get them fitted, McRic?

I got this from the missus for Christmas (I had asked for it):

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13304.jpg

Remote central locking kit :D Loads of the Audi Coupe guys have fitted this kit so there are a few guides kicking about for me :)

New bed sheets FTW.

Did you get them fitted, McRic?

I got this from the missus for Christmas (I had asked for it):

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13304.jpg

Remote central locking kit :D Loads of the Audi Coupe guys have fitted this kit so there are a few guides kicking about for me :)

New bed sheets FTW.

Aye done n dusted buddy, not major bright but certainly an improvement on what was in there.

Thought the coupe wouldn've had remote central locking as standard.................you'll be glad of that!

ooooh very nice that will be a nice addition to the car and I noticed it also puts up ya leccy windows to, nice feature to have used to have that on another car people will be like 'left the window open mate' push the button and up they go with a smug look on ya face :) Edited by Jordan99940

• 2 weeks later...

Fcuk all fitted, Dan :) Got a replacement hub, ABS ring and genuine new bearing kit that has to be fitted soon though, so I'll take pics if I do it myself (depends on the weather).

I need a piece of snapped boot trim that was damaged in 'the great engine transport and window replacement of 2011'. Called the dealer with the part number today and it's been discontinued since 1995 and no dealer anywhere shows stock. Great success.....

Going to view a shed of an Audi S2 this weekend, but I think it needs too much work to be a decent replacement for my kingfisher beauty.

Today's photo of some new arrivals:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13305.jpg

Brand new genuine bearing kit for upcoming hub replacement.

Brand new genuine lambda sensor for the turbo engine.

Nissens heater matrix. Common issue on old german motors and it'd be rude not to replace mine while the dash is out for the engine conversion.

TV remote, not new.

Sleep on the floor :(

I hope you tuck the parts in first!

Heh, aye :)

Viewed the S2 today but it's a lot of work. Not sure I fancy it as the older I get the less I want to work on cars in a cold, wet driveway so I'd probably end up flinging a lot of money at someone to bring it up to scratch, so it wouldn't work out that cheap a car. That said, it's local, and all of the other S2s for sale are about 500 miles away.

I called my insurance to get a quote based on this car and it was very reasonable.

Currently in discussions with the missus as we're not rich and £3.5k is a lot to spend on a car when we're looking to buy a house this year.

The future of the kingfisher beauty is in the balance.