Audi Coupe 2.0e

sidrick

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link doesn't work pal

Seems alright....

Anyway, Weitec -40mm complete shock and spring set £151 delivered to me from Ireland.

Still torn whether to go standard or uprated clutch. Standard would be fine for 150bhp new engine, but I'm unsure about it at 200bhp with a k04 turbo. An uprated one is £300 which considerably pushed up the price of the conversion..... though there's no point in doing the conversion if the box has got to come back out for a replacement clutch 2 months down the line. :-\

Cheers Hezz.

Edited by sidrick

True That!

I'm going to try and get my mate to get this on in April (I could do it on my driveway in a day or he could do it on ramps in a couple of hours (with pro spring compressors! I'm a little bit scared of my £20 set)) with a view to getting the engine in early May and running late May.

Decided to run a standard clutch to start with since it'll be standard power, and upgrade if required when the uprated turbo goes on later in the year (probably).

True That!

I'm going to try and get my mate to get this on in April (I could do it on my driveway in a day or he could do it on ramps in a couple of hours (with pro spring compressors! I'm a little bit scared of my £20 set)) with a view to getting the engine in early May and running late May.

Decided to run a standard clutch to start with since it'll be standard power, and upgrade if required when the uprated turbo goes on later in the year (probably).

Hope it all goes well, i'll be sure to follow.

I dunno how many pics there will be of the engine transplant. We'll only have the car on the ramps for 1 day, so it'll be flat out. I'll probably have a lot of pics of wiring afterwards though, or 'fcuking wiring' as it will be known.

Anyway, being the nut and bolt kind of guy I am, I'll be replacing all bump stops and dust covers with the new suspension:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13322.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13323.jpg

Can't find the rears anywhere in the UK and they're £33 shipped from Germany, which I'd rather avoid :|

• 4 weeks later...