Audi Coupe 2.0e

sidrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seller got back to me about A6 CYA and I went to see it on Sunday. The bodywork is rough, pretty damn rough, and it's not the later ABY engine, rather the early 3B. This has it's pros and cons, and the car was never going to be perfect considering they still go for £2.5k with no MOT, so my purchase was always going to be a rollling project.

From my amateur inspection though, it seems mechanically sound. I'm going to make a slightly cheeky offer tomorrow and see what he says. Potential big news soon....

In other news, I had a course in *my private test track* today and my Kingfisher beauty sat at 3 figures for 2 hours each way. Superb motors these old things.

In other, other news, I may have been snapped by a mobile police camera on my private track. /facepalm

In other, other news, I may have been snapped by a mobile police camera on my private track. /facepalm

not at 3 figures??? :unsure: if so, ouch :(

My first instinct is to brake then look at my speedo, so I'm never quite sure (that makes it sounds like I do it a lot, I don't, I have no points on my licence). I'd say an indicated 89/90 and my speedo over reads at that speed by about 4-5mph, so hopefully it'd only be a 3 pointer if I got zapped.

• 3 weeks later...

Had new track rod ends and adjusters fitted this week and the alignment done.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13359.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13360.jpg

£214 (labour only) on a car I'm about to sell /facepalm.

Got round to changing the ABS ring so the light is off for the MOT:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13361.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13363.jpg

Light is still fcuking on. Ran a diagnostics and it's pointint to the front right. Where the ABS ring was replaced in Feb :-\ Maybe a sensor issue.

*pointing.

Edited by sidrick

No word on the speeding ticket so they must not have seen me (or my speedo over reads by 20mph, haha).

Quite gutted about the ABS. It's a simple enough job to replace the ring, but a pain when on your back in the driveway when you don't have womens hands. It's got its MOT on Friday, which it will now fail, quite probably only on the ABS.

I've ordered an ABS sensor, but if that doesn't sort it then I'm at the stage where I can't be hooped to take the wheels off that car again (or spending more money) when the S2 needs so much doing to it, and might just sell it for 'spares', which is a crying shame as it's an excellent motor.

Edited by sidrick

No word on the speeding ticket so they must not have seen me (or my speedo over reads by 20mph, haha).

Quite gutted about the ABS. It's a simple enough job to replace the ring, but a pain when on your back in the driveway when you don't have womens hands. It's got its MOT on Friday, which it will now fail, quite probably only on the ABS.

I've ordered an ABS sensor, but if that doesn't sort it then I'm at the stage where I can't be hooped to take the wheels off that car again (or spending more money) when the S2 needs so much doing to it, and might just sell it for 'spares', which is a crying shame as it's an excellent motor.

It is a crying shame but at least your not replacing a project with a diesel focus or something, hell, I couldnt manage two project cars, one has a turbo and one doesnt....