Who are best, RAC/AA etc. ?

LiamGTR

Noooo don't say that, I was set on getting the RAC in about half an hour!

Yh think i'm going with rac, cheaper, more cover and personal!

bit late, i've just joined RAC at £82.07/year :P Thanks all the same.

Unless anyone else wants to know about this, feel free to close this topic :thumb:

I think you made the right choice.

Like I said I have been with them over 12 years and cant fault them. They're not salesmen, theyre trained breakdown. I have never had an RAC man attempt to sell me anything, only help me above & beyond the call of duty. One time when all he was required to do was recover me home (broken part) he actually drove me to my local factors where I bought the part then drove me back where he fitted it. Over an hours work it took him but got me started.

been with the RAC for a very long time, can't fault them whatsoever, and i've used them alot.

RAC also includes, accident recovery, where most don't, and that's worth it weight in gold imo.

I've also heard too many horror stories about the AA's "relay" service.... :unsure:

I've also heard too many horror stories about the AA's "relay" service.... :unsure:

AA's relay service has been great for me and the missus. When S62TNB dissolved its cylinder head at 3 am on a monday morning they were out pretty quickly, slight issue with the front of the car being too low but whipping the bumper off dealt with that.

And when the alternator went on my missus old Skoda on the A14, 7 miles from her home, on a journey to uni in Sunderland, they were with her in 15 mins and transported her & the car all the way up to her halls at uni. They dropped the car in the uni carpark because she said I would fix it if he told her what the issue was. Couldnt ask for anymore.

im with rac only issue i had was i had yamaha assit which was a rac service when i bought my yamaha motorbike i had a puncuture in fordingbridge they came out and said they would take the bike to salisbury to be sorted a 13 mile journey bythetime the bike got there the shop had closed i rang shop next day to arrange pick up and it wasnt there the rac took my bike to birmingham to a depot for safe keeping for the night whch is 3 hours away from salibury. but with the cars they have been spot on looking to go to the aa thou as my mates dad works for them so can get it cheaper

AA mate, i've had all of them and the AA have by far been the best, also got thier cover down to around £6 a month. phone them up and haggle with them

I'm also with the AA. Think I pay about £7 a month, for roadside assistance, recovery to my choice of destination. That's for personal cover as well, so I'm covered in any car, not just my own.

Well worth it methinks!

You poor people. Have a look at the small print of your policy, I found they do not recover from accidents! RAC Does.

bit late, i've just joined RAC at £82.07/year :P Thanks all the same.

Good man, they have always been really good with me and the family!

+1 for RAC. impeccable service, quick to respond

when the window mechanism of my dads old rover broke and mum couldnt close the drivers window for a 70 mile journey home in november they were there within 15 minutes, pulled the window up, put some tape on and advised a good place to get it repaired.

my dads galant decided to blow one of the 100 amp fuses when we were provided with the wrong battery (reverse terminals and i was half asleep - no colour coding) the guy from the rac was driving around all sorts of places for about 3 hours trying to find it for us and managed to find a mitsu garage that had one in stock as its not a stocked item - order from japan only

only downside is round here the recovery trucks they send is on time who had a very lazy low loader driver who couldnt be arsed to use the winch to pull my brothers rover up after someone slashed all 4 tyres (relevant to you this liam) and made my brother drive up the ramp on 4 flat tyres. needless to say clutches dont like that and with big puff of white smoke there was no more clutch.

RAC agreed to replace it and provided courtesy car (ford focus ghia) whilst rover was being repaired and they threw in full service incl. cambelt, full tank of fuel, aircon re-gas and a good clean :) at least when they mess up they make up for it :)