1600 Zetec SE Race Engine.

Ahmotorsport

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to have missed the whole "per litre" part.

No, a 5.7 V8 with more than 500lbft of torque is over double that of an F1 engines torque.

My feckin Hillman Imp is only 25lbft per litre off an F1 engine.

hes just saying its good! lets leave it at that

If you're talking about Stu, he's being sarcastic. I think.

What you say is absolutely correct. A peak torque figure by itself is useless information

So is a maximum power unless we get to know the available rev range.

Congrats on getting over 200 BHP, think it must be quite difficult to setup for driveability and what's the presumed longevity of this setup ? 4-5 race weekends ? Half a season ?

What you say is absolutely correct. A peak torque figure by itself is useless information

So is a maximum power unless we get to know the available rev range.

Congrats on getting over 200 BHP, think it must be quite difficult to setup for driveability and what's the presumed longevity of this setup ? 4-5 race weekends ? Half a season ?

Correct, I would tell you, but I don't know, we haven't seen the map, we were promised a copy but didn't get one, unfortunately.

Thanks. Not at all, our engines pull and pull and are quite driveable. Oh these will last the year, typically about 14 meetings to the year.

You seem to have missed the whole "per litre" part.

No, a 5.7 V8 with more than 500lbft of torque is over double that of an F1 engines torque.

My feckin Hillman Imp is only 25lbft per litre off an F1 engine.

hes just saying its good! lets leave it at that

If you're talking about Stu, he's being sarcastic. I think.

I wouldn't say sarcastic. Hopefully provoking some people to think a bit to see that what you're saying is ridiculous. Your comparisons are nonsense. When you compare two engines you have to use a common unit of measure, otherwise you just look clueless to anyone that knows anything.

Learn some proper engineering terms like 'mean effective pressure' and 'specific torque output' and perhaps you'll see the light, but I have a feeling you won't.

Most of your posts do come across as sarcastic or as i know more than you, and are usually just a comment with no helpful explanation.

Anyway, wouldn't useful common units of measurement be bhp/revs, bhp/ton, bhp/litre as the engine torque and the way it's used would be different between F1 cars, lower revving race cars, rally cars, road cars and lorries etc.

I don't think i have ever seen a torque per litre figure given in a car mag review or manufacturer brochure, maybe it's used in more technical ways that the average driver/car enthusiast doesn't need to know, might ask someone at dunton when i go.

Most of your posts do come across as sarcastic or as i know more than you, and are usually just a comment with no helpful explanation.

Anyway, wouldn't useful common units of measurement be bhp/revs, bhp/ton, bhp/litre as the engine torque and the way it's used would be different between F1 cars, lower revving race cars, rally cars, road cars and lorries etc.

I don't think i have ever seen a torque per litre figure given in a car mag review or manufacturer brochure, maybe it's used in more technical ways that the average driver/car enthusiast doesn't need to know, might ask someone at dunton when i go.

I don't really care how I come across, that much should be obvious. I'm only interested in the facts - if that upsets people then so be it. They can drown in bullshite whilst I can keep a clear conscience.

Car magazines are not exactly factual, scientific documents. They're there to give the masses what they want - bullshite and advertising. One would hope that someone reading such a publication would be able to divide the peak torque figure by the engine displacement to get a specific torque/litre figure.

Some of you may think i'm picking here, or I just love to go on the 'attack', but it's not that at all. These threads cause my bullshite alarm to flash bright and red and make lots of noise.

Yes please go ask your friend at Dunton to explain it to you and if you like i'll meet you for a coffee. :drunk:

Edited by Stu

I don't need to use fancy terms that people aren't going to understand. I was moaned at because you lot couldn't know the figures, the owner is telling people now, so its no longer a secret, I now tell you the figures you so desperately needed to know and I'm still a cnut!

A torque peak figure means feck all Stu, not without the torque/power curves, gearing, weight etc. If we dumped this in an F1 car, it wouldn't go like they do, of course it wouldn't. F1 cars don't need loads and loads of torque when they're 400kg lighter than this car and have more gears than you know what to do with. You're talking like we have done the impossible.

Mod, please close the thread for feck sake, im sick of this.

You're sick of being called out on nonsense and want threads closed? If you knew what you were talking about you'd be able to have a mature discussion defending your opinion, but of course you can't. Enjoy.

I admit, i did over react and close the thread, i'm not in a particularly good mood today.

I've calmed down and if you want to have this discussion, then by all means reply.

But lets start again. Why do you think, it can't produce more torque per litre than an F1 car? Also, how much torque does an F1 car produce? I thought it was a little over 200Lbft, perhaps i'm out of date on it as JAM says it's up to 270 now, so what do you believe it is?