1600 Zetec SE Race Engine.

Ahmotorsport

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of not having an end figure this thread is far from pointless, the lads took the time & effort to put info & pics of a lot of work going into a performance Ford engine.

I just hope this has not put you off doing further threads of this kind as it is a really good topic to follow.

It also isn't his fault the guy (who is paying for the work) does not want the figures plastered on a forum, maybe he also knows how people simply sneer at figures produced anyway, either way it isn't the lads fault is it and he didn't know this was going to happen.

I have not commented before because I know bugger all about engines but I will say thank you for producing a thread that even me with no performance interest enjoyed following.

Hats off to you for taking the time and effort to do this and also for conducting yourself in such a good manner in the face of criticism and doubts.

I would also like to point out that as they were hoping for at least 200BHP and the statements of how happy they are with the results that you can happily know that this hit the figures they wanted and possibly higher, it doesn't take a genious to work out it hit 200 +

I hopefully look forward to more of the same if you feel inclined to make another similar topic. :cheers:

Edited by PeeWee

Well at the end of the day Chris I'm happy that by the sounds of things it has exceeded expectations, even I doubted it could be done but I seemed to have been proven wrong (not that I know much of these engines any way) Like PeeWiener said it was a good thread and Enjoyed tuning in.

Oh 200bhp+ can definitely be done on these engines. I mean, Ford Motorsport in conjunction with McLaren did a lot of development to get their 206bhp, so i'm sure back street places can do it.

Stu, your negativity is not wanted here.

Well at the end of the day Chris I'm happy that by the sounds of things it has exceeded expectations, even I doubted it could be done but I seemed to have been proven wrong (not that I know much of these engines any way) Like PeeWiener said it was a good thread and Enjoyed tuning in.

Thanks mate.

Edited by Ahmotorsport

Just a testing session so don't expect race speeds.

Qualified well the next day, in the race got by the other two in his class and someone punted him into the wall.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/251672_4572812804064_361024233_n.jpg