to readily determine the functioning of self levelling

systems. In such cases, the benefit of the doubt

must be given.

Headlamp washers may work in conjunction with

the windscreen washers (when the dipped beam

headlamps are switched on) or by a separate

switch.

from mot info under Inspection Manual for Classes 3, 4, 5 and 7 Vehicles

So that means your mum's car still shouldn't pass an MOT because it is not fitted with either of those systems. the benefit of the doubt is because you may not be able to test the self leveling but you will be able to check the system is fitted.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahem
Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge

(HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted

with headlamp washers and a suspension or

headlamp self levelling system.

Where such systems are fitted, they must work;

however, it is accepted that it may not be possible

must be given.

switch.

So that means your mum's car still shouldn't pass an MOT because it is not fitted with either of those systems. the benefit of the doubt is because you may not be able to test the self leveling but you will be able to check the system is fitted.

re-read that. - MAY be fitted, not MUST and Where fitted must work.

ahem
Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge

(HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted

with headlamp washers and a suspension or

headlamp self levelling system.

Where such systems are fitted, they must work;

however, it is accepted that it may not be possible

must be given.

switch.

re-read that. - MAY be fitted, not MUST and Where fitted must work.

I and i think most MOT and VOSA testers would read that as HIDs may be fitted with those items already in place.and they are usually only fitted as standard equipment.

It's all in how you read that statement, I doubt you have stumbled upon a loophole for legally fitting HIDs.

my car, my choice what I do thank you.

Not slating you for it, it's just, you could be using the money to fund the Mondeo.

only spending a small amount on this just to make it a bit more enjoyable - mondeo is a bit down the list atm as I need to service dads car, service this incl. cambelt, practice some welding before I start on the mondeo

Number plates and HID's legality debate again.....

Quite alot wrong with the BMW in the end and I see your finally getting a van anyway which is going to be far easier for business surely. Shame you have to fork out all the dosh for the gearbox all considering.

Excited to see what comes after the Volvo cause honestly there is no predicting it.

No debate on the HID'S legality mate iam an mot tester i know they are illegal :cheers:

Yeh, Im more talking about the debate on whether they pass or not.

It seems that regardless of the legality or regulations cars do make it through MOT's with aftermarket HID's that shouldnt be there even when they dont meet the layed down requirements. I know someone recently who did and it wasnt through a back street garage.

Im still getting annoyed by how bright the fking Audi's head lights are who chooses to drive so close to me for no reason and thats a stock setup.

I wonder how many people wants HID's for better lighting or just so they can have blue/purple lights? I used to fit the PIAA Extreme bulbs which was as close to a blue tint as you could get but nothing like a proper HID setup, Im not sure but I guess only HIDs can get to the right K level so you can get the required look. I was never interested in better performing lights, I just wanted bl0000 lights but then im a sucker.

Aftermarket numberplates are stupid.

Quite alot wrong with the BMW in the end and I see your finally getting a van anyway which is going to be far easier for business surely. Shame you have to fork out all the dosh for the gearbox all considering.

Excited to see what comes after the Volvo cause honestly there is no predicting it.

No debate on the HID'S legality mate iam an mot tester i know they are illegal :cheers:

It seems that regardless of the legality or regulations cars do make it through MOT's with aftermarket HID's that shouldnt be there even when they dont meet the layed down requirements. I know someone recently who did and it wasnt through a back street garage.

Im still getting annoyed by how bright the fking Audi's head lights are who chooses to drive so close to me for no reason and thats a stock setup.

I wonder how many people wants HID's for better lighting or just so they can have blue/purple lights? I used to fit the PIAA Extreme bulbs which was as close to a blue tint as you could get but nothing like a proper HID setup, Im not sure but I guess only HIDs can get to the right K level so you can get the required look. I was never interested in better performing lights, I just wanted bl0000 lights but then im a sucker.

he lives!

i never understood why people change for hids or different bulbs or watever......regular bulbs do the job perfectly well

he lives!

i never understood why people change for hids or different bulbs or watever......regular bulbs do the job perfectly well

As I said, cause they want bl000000 headlights that look totes amaze

Why HID? Because HID/xenon bulb has something aboout 3000 lumens and halogen just 1500. So thats the answer. You will see better. Thats logic... so i dont understand answer "why hid? Halogens light too :D

Whilst you demonstrate the ability to copy and paste blanket statements you've read on the internet, you've been woefully inept at actually identifying the issue with your statement.