Another New Car for me

stevmo3691

I think it's disgusting how you rape your family's funds to fuel your insane car purchases.

as long as he isn't stealing it, there isn't a problem imo. If they wanna fund him, that's their look out.

so, the BMW was a bit of a nail. Not gonna rip into you for that cos anyone can get caught out with a nail. My Mondeo isn't doing me any favours!!!

stil, I agree with Sidrick, and :roll:

My parents have loaned me the money till I sell the BMW and I bought the BMW under value anyway and its had a gearbox over haul, 4 new tyres and inspection 2 service and has parts included to fix front suspension issue and oil and filter for the next service due in 4/5k (2 lights left).

If someone wanted to break it theres a good 4 odd thousand pounds worth of parts as BMW parts are not cheap

Hey, don't knock S60s, I have one.....However ill admit it's no drivers car, and its crappy steering angle Pees me off, swinging it into carparking spaces forwards is mostly impossible without leaving it at a funny angle.

Upgrading the plugs and filter is pointless though, as has been proven by mightycarmods on youtube. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! And the HIDS....WHY??! Theyre not legal and run of the mill RING ultraxenon bulbs (other brands are available) put out enough light for driving in pitch black lanes

I agree, its no drivers car, but it is a nice comfortable way to get around :)

petrol S60's have 10m turning circle, D5's has 11m so parking mine is a doddle :D

irridium plugs have a 10 year service life as opposed to a 2 year life of standard and pipercross/K&N filter allow slightly better flow than paper element but also never need replacing, only cleaning and I have the oil for both.

HIDs are legal. Under MOT rules it says cars fitted with HIDs may have headlight washers, projectors and self levelling and if fitted these must all work.

My mums 99 Astra has none of those and is fitted with HIDs and it passes MOT's and police have no issue as its regularly outside police stations given what she does.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steve. i think you have good intentions with these purchases and think your probs a nice genuine chap but in fairness you do spend a lot of money on duff cars only to sell them on.....witht he money u spent on bimmers, mondeos and now a volvo ( remembering thats ive only been on this forum for just over a year and seen all these ) you could have had the ST on the road and done up to a really nice spec, bought another really nice car as a daily if u didnt want to use the ST......and still had money left over, saved yourself a lot of abuse from some of the members and not owed your family a fortune

its a shame because i like most of your cars and think for the most part they look quite good. just stick with a car, if you want to mod it then go for it, but please dont pour money into mods then sack it off in 3 months.

This one from adverts was my second choice due to colours as the other one was also a 53 plate with 73k and MOT till November but was silver with black interior. However when I saw it the car hadnt been serviced between 07 and 12 and had done 20k in the last year and was up at the same asking price of £2295 and he said would not move on price. This one was perfect - i've seen 2 year old cars at main dealers in worse nick...

I'm planning on keeping this one and as S60's are tough old barges I shouldnt have to keep fixing it so I can spend time and money on the ST

My mums 99 Astra has none of those and is fitted with HIDs and it passes MOT's and police have no issue as its regularly outside police stations given what she does.

is that constantly bailing you out of nick for crimes against cars?? :roll: haha, sorry mate, had to say it.

is that constantly bailing you out of nick for crimes against cars?? :roll: haha, sorry mate, had to say it.

indeed not. She's a JP so I have to be a good boy

got some bits in the post:

http://i1.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lr001O58f.jpg

genuine volvo keyring from volvo commercial.

http://i4.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lq001O58f.jpg

http://i7.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lp001O58f.jpg

http://i6.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lo001O58f.jpg

HID bulbs on order

nice tractor you got there :) are you going to be a farmer?

tractors are fuelled by the black pump - this is fuelled by the green therefore much better :D

Just bin the mondeo off and keep that, nice ovlov btw

Have a soft spot for the mondeo and want to finish my project :)