Another New Car for me

stevmo3691

Right, with deciding I don't want the BMW anymore, mainly as I miss driving a manual too much, I have bought a new car to replace it.

2003 '53' Volvo S60 2.0T SE with a mere 72034 miles on it when I purchased it for princely sum of £2000 with MOT till 25th November and a thick wad of service history.

Being an SE it has all the toys including:

Full Leather interior with electric memory drivers seat

Auto dip rear view mirror

Auto wipers

Day time running lights (headlights come on when ignition on)

4 disc changer in dash

dual zone climate control

cruise control

17" alloys

etc etc

This one also features headlamp wash wipe and heated front seats so its rather well equipped.

Oh and the previous owner was a police officer. Give away was at last service it says 'police discount'

http://i5.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lf001O58f.jpg

http://i6.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lg001O58f.jpg

http://i7.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lh001O58f.jpg

http://i4.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00li001O58f.jpg

http://i1.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lj001O58f.jpg

http://i2.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lk001O58f.jpg

http://i3.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00ll001O58f.jpg

http://i0.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00lm001O58f.jpg

http://i5.tagstat.com/image09/8/520f/00ln001O58f.jpg

Drives beautifully. Only issues to address is the tracking is out so going to get 4 wheel laser allignment monday which is also when I can next drive it as it has no tax :(

Only plans for this are:

tint rear windows a bit (not blacked out)

fit bluetooth

HIDS (dipped and fogs) and LED side/number plate/interior lights

new number plates as halfords ones don't last and already showing peeling

pipercross or K&N panel filter (whichever is cheaper :D)

irridium plugs (due spark plugs at next service so why not upgrade)

cat back exhaust when it needs an exhaust

remap

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I did 10k in the BM but I want to drive a manual car, not auto. BMW is on ebay atm

Now, read this carefully. This is a nearly 12 year old car (registered 01/03/2001) so it is not without fault. These are the faults:Most obvious in pictures above is a fault with the self levelling suspension. The car is fully drivable and I have still been using it. The fault is on the n/side rear airbag but it does inflate. If the car is left parked it can go down on that side but when the car is started it is re-inflated. The message does not always appear. A replacement new airbag can be obtained for around £150 or even new from BMW for £300.Occasionally at idle the engine can be a little rough - this is very rare and I have put a engine cleaner in and at present there is still 3/4 of a tank of diesel in the tank to wash it through. It is also possibly the oil breather valve which is recommended to be replaced every 70k on these but is not a service item so I believe is original. These cost around £40-50.Front suspension arms are worn but I have obtained replacements which I have not had an opportunity to replace but hope to have done before end of auction or will be included with the car.Front ARB bushes are worn which even upgrade powerflex polybushes only cost £30The 2 rear n/side parking sensors do not work causing the whole system to be non functional. Just been trying to get tested working ones in right colour but typically £20 eachTypical BMW e39 rust on base of rear wheel arch and in fuel filler on o/side (nothing major)someone didnt wash some bird droppings off the roof at one point which has caused a mark in the paintheadlight lenses have micro cracks and dont look as good as they could (personal pet peev)one reverse light is not working which is a wiring fault but I tend to ignore it.Plastic trim holding seat adjuster switches on drivers seat has broken off which is normal of these and can cause the plug to disconnect which stops both the seat adjuster and steering column from working but just plug back in and it works - just being honestand of course the usual little marks in the paint here and there with stone chips in the bonnet.

Wow, and I mean that. You're asking 1.25k more than you paid :roll:

well I did 10k in the BM but I want to drive a manual car, not auto. BMW is on ebay atm

Now, read this carefully. This is a nearly 12 year old car (registered 01/03/2001) so it is not without fault. These are the faults:Most obvious in pictures above is a fault with the self levelling suspension. The car is fully drivable and I have still been using it. The fault is on the n/side rear airbag but it does inflate. If the car is left parked it can go down on that side but when the car is started it is re-inflated. The message does not always appear. A replacement new airbag can be obtained for around £150 or even new from BMW for £300.Occasionally at idle the engine can be a little rough - this is very rare and I have put a engine cleaner in and at present there is still 3/4 of a tank of diesel in the tank to wash it through. It is also possibly the oil breather valve which is recommended to be replaced every 70k on these but is not a service item so I believe is original. These cost around £40-50.Front suspension arms are worn but I have obtained replacements which I have not had an opportunity to replace but hope to have done before end of auction or will be included with the car.Front ARB bushes are worn which even upgrade powerflex polybushes only cost £30The 2 rear n/side parking sensors do not work causing the whole system to be non functional. Just been trying to get tested working ones in right colour but typically £20 eachTypical BMW e39 rust on base of rear wheel arch and in fuel filler on o/side (nothing major)someone didnt wash some bird droppings off the roof at one point which has caused a mark in the paintheadlight lenses have micro cracks and dont look as good as they could (personal pet peev)one reverse light is not working which is a wiring fault but I tend to ignore it.Plastic trim holding seat adjuster switches on drivers seat has broken off which is normal of these and can cause the plug to disconnect which stops both the seat adjuster and steering column from working but just plug back in and it works - just being honestand of course the usual little marks in the paint here and there with stone chips in the bonnet.

Jesus.

Jesus.

Sidrick will do, mate.

I think it's disgusting how you rape your family's funds to fuel your insane car purchases.

as long as he isn't stealing it, there isn't a problem imo. If they wanna fund him, that's their look out.

so, the BMW was a bit of a nail. Not gonna rip into you for that cos anyone can get caught out with a nail. My Mondeo isn't doing me any favours!!!

stil, I agree with Sidrick, and :roll:

nice car i know of a couple who have had these and been impressed by them at risk of upsetting stevemo how is that car gonna help with your leather repairing malarky u are doin

Setting up unit and getting van so dont need estate car now and wont be doing as many miles in the car so thought I might as well go back to petrol

Hey, don't knock S60s, I have one.....However ill admit it's no drivers car, and its crappy steering angle Pees me off, swinging it into carparking spaces forwards is mostly impossible without leaving it at a funny angle.

Upgrading the plugs and filter is pointless though, as has been proven by mightycarmods on youtube. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! And the HIDS....WHY??! Theyre not legal and run of the mill RING ultraxenon bulbs (other brands are available) put out enough light for driving in pitch black lanes