Another New Car for me

stevmo3691

HIDs are legal. Under MOT rules it says cars fitted with HIDs may have headlight washers, projectors and self levelling and if fitted these must all work.

My mums 99 Astra has none of those and is fitted with HIDs and it passes MOT's and police have no issue as its regularly outside police stations given what she does.

Oh LOLZ, By the letter of the law they are NOT legal, who cares if an unfussy MOT centre let them slide, or if the copshop she always parks outside don't say anything... I imagine they're doing more important stuff in the 5 seconds it takes her to approach the station and shut the lights off than to greet her at the door and tell her off

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whys everyone kicking off about some fcuking number plates.

Coz dey ilegalz innit!!!!!

Btw, I didn't realise they were giving out points for plates now??? :unsure:

Don't think they are Pete... I find it useful that chavs mark themselves with dodgy plates stickers led washer jets etc. Anyone can go balls out modifying a car without going illegal

Hate to break it to you but ....they ARE illegal ....and try MUST have not may have and if they arnt fitted to a vehicle with HID or similar lighting systems then its a FAIL

You what?

if you looked at my original quote i highlighted that he said may have ...all cars with hid or similar lighting systems must have self leveling suspension / and or lights, head lamp washers and must have continuous illumination of the dipped head lamp whilst main beam is operated..... not just flashed btw :nutter:

whys everyone kicking off about some fcuking number plates.

and tbf majority of the people posting ( well atleast me any way ) think that the topic starter is a complete :censored: muppet !!!

Edited by stoney

Number plates and HID's legality debate again.....

Quite alot wrong with the BMW in the end and I see your finally getting a van anyway which is going to be far easier for business surely. Shame you have to fork out all the dosh for the gearbox all considering.

Excited to see what comes after the Volvo cause honestly there is no predicting it.

Quite alot wrong with the BMW in the end and I see your finally getting a van anyway which is going to be far easier for business surely. Shame you have to fork out all the dosh for the gearbox all considering.

Excited to see what comes after the Volvo cause honestly there is no predicting it.

:roll:

:roll:

Ahh yes, I was refering to his monthly payment plan.

No debate on the HID'S legality mate iam an mot tester i know they are illegal :cheers:

Stoney dropping truth bombs left right and centre 8)

Fanx!!!!! i have to make an apearence every so often lol :innocent: :pancake:

• 3 weeks later...

No debate on the HID'S legality mate iam an mot tester i know they are illegal :cheers:

Stoney dropping truth bombs left right and centre 8)

Fanx!!!!! i have to make an apearence every so often lol :innocent: :pancake:

ahem

Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge

(HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted

with headlamp washers and a suspension or

headlamp self levelling system.

Where such systems are fitted, they must work;

however, it is accepted that it may not be possible

to readily determine the functioning of self levelling

systems. In such cases, the benefit of the doubt

must be given.

Headlamp washers may work in conjunction with

the windscreen washers (when the dipped beam

headlamps are switched on) or by a separate

switch.

from mot info under Inspection Manual for Classes 3, 4, 5 and 7 Vehicles

oh and to add, all I have done with the volvo lately is drive it.

Its due a service and these require cambelt every 10 years or 96k and as its coming up 10 I'll do it now.

I'm also going to fit irridium plugs, pipercross filter and just a oil and filter change using 5w40 fully synthetic.

only other additions I will be making are a set of team heko wind deflectors, genuine volvo mud guards, audio converter (allows me to use OE stereo but have usb, sd, aux in and bluetooth) and well thats it.

I am planning on replacing the back box at some stage as its rusty and rather rubbish looking but thats about all I'm going to do. Just enjoy it