2.2 Turbo RS2000 16V Engine Build

blacksofstichill

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

top quality thread, really enjoyed that, and again coming from a novice, almost in tears here, seeing it all wrapped up ready to go :roll:

Cheers, really glad you enjoyed it, I was actually pretty gutted to see the engine go myself, I really enjoyed doing the work on it. I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing it perform though!

The finished product is a work of art :cheers:
hopefully I'll have a few more builds like this once this one is up and running, cheers!

Fancy trying an Audi I5 motor? :roll:

Sure, will I pop it in my boot when I'm up Aberdeen way seeing this one being mapped? :roll:

Thanks for the good comments, I really appreciate it. I know it's what's inside the engine that counts but I tried to get the outside of it looking nice too. :cheers:

Joking aside, I'd happily do similar work on almost any engine from a straightforward rebuild of a standard engine through to a performance build to any specification.

As I said earlier in the thread I've got similar projects on the go since this one and I'm happy to share them here if there's interest in them? I've also got a handful of smaller jobs on my facebook page like a land rover cylinder head conversion to unleaded, etc, etc - www.facebook.com/blacksofstichill The page is open to anyone to view it so you don't even have to be on facebook yourself to be able to check it out, but if you are on facebook then all "likes" are much appreciated. :cheers:

Edited by blacksofstichill

"Sure, will I pop it in my boot when I'm up Aberdeen way seeing this one being mapped? "

i have tears rolling down my face, you been doing some homework there my friend, think you may have hit a nerve there to:roll:

Sorry, I didn't intend to hit a nerve with anyone by saying that, I've not been doing any homework on anyone.

"Sure, will I pop it in my boot when I'm up Aberdeen way seeing this one being mapped? "

i have tears rolling down my face, you been doing some homework there my friend, think you may have hit a nerve there to:roll:

Sorry, I didn't intend to hit a nerve with anyone by saying that, I've not been doing any homework on anyone.

He's on the wind up since I had an 'interesting' experience transporting an engine in my boot once :roll:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13299.jpg

ganges, fcuk off :roll:

Edited by sidrick

sid put an engine in his boot.........well you can quess what happened :roll: have a look in his SUYM thread

He's on the wind up since I had an 'interesting' experience transporting an engine in my boot once :roll:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13299.jpg

ganges, fcuk off :roll:

Sorry Sid, but come on you have to admit it was funny, honestly I am crying my eyes out with laughter here :roll:

Nice thread mate, enjoyed it.

Cheers, glad you liked it.

VERY much enjoyed viewing this thread!

Normally on threads like this, I just look at the pics, but I enjoyed reading every word, too!

Can't wait from the next thread you post!!!

Thanks very much, it's good that you've found it interesting. Thanks also for the like on facebook and to the others who also liked it from here, much appreciated.

I've just finished (yesterday) a full rebuild on a Mk2 Cortina 1600E Crossflow engine, I'd be happy to share that here if it's of interest to some of you?

Cheers!

Gary

^ ^ ^ ^BRING IT ON P L E A S E :thumb:

I don't often agree with this soap dodger, but I'd love to see more of your builds :cheers:

soap dodger......soap dodger, that coming from a kilt wearing fascist, i will have you know i wash once a year on my birthday :roll: