2.2 Turbo RS2000 16V Engine Build

blacksofstichill

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the good comments folks, I've been on holiday for a week so sorry for the delay in replying. The car was mapped at Wallace Performance while I was away and I got a text from the Car's owner while I was on my hols to tell me the results.........it made 238.8bhp at 8psi of boost so we're very happy indeed!

I spoke to David yesterday and he's over the moon with it, he's still getting used to the extra power but is very much loving it! :cheers:

I didn't make the manifold but it's a Nissan 200SX Manifold mated to an RS2000 Flange, there had been a lot of work in mating the 2 parts together but it could have done with more alteration to the angles if another one was made to bring the turbo in closer to the block as it did cause clearance problems with the radiator, etc on this one and radiator mountings had to be altered, etc. It seems to work well though!

1515203[/url]']

Threads like this are one of the reasons i pop back here occasionally.

Cracking thread, and a good result too.

1515220[/url]']

Excellent topic !!!

Cheers for the positive comments guys, I really enjoyed doing this build but I really have to hand it to David, the owner of the car for taking on the project as a whole, as well as the new engine the car has also been resprayed, etc and the whole project has been completed in around 4 months so he's not been messing around! :cheers:

• 1 month later...

power graph for this car -

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t364/newman270/rr2_zps500aba68.png

Also, a Video Clip David took, he had problems with an oil leak on his original turbo so he took this clip to show that the car was running fine with it's new Turbo on and there are no issues with Oil/Smoke any more since it has been fitted. It's now covered around 2500 miles since it was built.

Edited by blacksofstichill

Looks like some nice figures there. Are you both happy with it?

Thanks, Yeah, I'm happy with how it turned out and so is the owner of the car. I can't take any credit for the fitting, wiring and mapping of the engine though, that was all done once the engine left me.

Lots of mid-range grunt! Early spool too! Seems to choke at 5k though?

I've not driven it but he says it does pull really strongly in the mid range! It does seem to tail off at around 5k and I'm not sure why, I don't know if Wallace Performance suggested anything that would cause that or not.