The GTI is dead.

revoltos

john am really sorry to see this i know how much time you spent on that car !!!

am also glad you are ok :) , i know youve just come back from a ban aswell and this is what you didnt want or need ! :(

chin up matey , and good luck with finding a nice focus

jeff

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know mate, Thats the how ironic it is. Im driving now so am taking my time just enjoying it and then this happens. I cant belive it. Im not going for a knock for knock with this as the guy was on my side of the road over a summit. I mean what the hell was he doing. MY insurance are already talking a knock for knock.

Im getting the 2.0 tdci titanium in a 3dr. Ive got some aches and pains matey but no whiplash, im as tough as old boots...lol Im not going to try and claim for that either as I live by the rule waht goes around comes around, ive obviously done something pretty bad in the past to get this but there we go!!

I did pay mate yes. So I will make the most of it. I dont think there were any marks as it was soaking wet. There was an oil patch in my braking zone though so not sure if that would of made any differnce. Probably not alot.

ok mate, it took my legal team a year and a half to sort out my claim and it seemed to me they had jut come out of college. its a shame that there were no witnesses, always speeds up the process.

dont take this as advice but the best thing that you could have done (according to the law and insurance claims) would have been to stay in your lane and let him hit you head on. Not exactly practical though is it?! This might be why they are going for a 50/50.

Sounds obvious, but always try and take as many photos as possible at the time of the accident. Preferably with a camera device which has a digitally signed time watermark so that it may actually stand up in court. Just remember to have the correct time set!

good luck with your claim.

Cherrybeard. That all sounds very similar to what ive been told. Cheers for that. If the knob who was on my side of road stop lying through he's crooked teeth then it would be nice and easy. I hope the foreign idiot rots in hell. If there is one thing I cannot stand its a bare faced liar.

Scoop, I really dont know where the grille went mate or the smoked headlights, there was just a pile of stuff that didnt look like anything on my car...lol

• 9 months later...

Well just an update for the people that were interested at the time, it went to a 50/50. I got £1750 for the car minus £300 excess but get this. I lost two years no claims for a 50/50 becuase they couldnt prove the other guy was on my side of the road. After the crash I brought the Focus and transferd the insurance over so it will be a year from then agian but I dont get a no claims for that year either. So its like three years their having of me. Stay away from Sainsburys insurance there complete wankers.

Just another perfect example of it you pay your due's in the country you get sod all help when you need it. fcuking discrace.