Expensive Tyres

LiamGTR

Think i'm going to end up with these, simply for the price, and yes...I will be buying 2 and ditching the passenger side eventhough it has some reasonably tread left...., but that brings another question...., would a 16" fit in the spare wheel hole in the boot?

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?deta...&sowigan=So

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a "fulyl fitted" option, but i don't see how that works unless they come to you ?

they send the tyre to a garage in ur area who they contract to fit it for u for about 11 quid a corner...wheras kwik fit will charge u 70 quid to supply and fit a tyre u could get for 51 quid fully fitted from mytyres..although u may need to travel a few miles..but not far

i'd personally go for dunlops, i had a set on my 17's and they are far superior than any budget tyre i had previously, the grip is immense, they just want to grip constantly! even when i throw the car into corners, i get no understeer at all! they work brilliantly in the wet as well!

but for your 16's matey try looking for an a symetrical style tyre rather than directional, directional look good but can only use them twice when switching the rears to the fronts, as where a symeticals don't matter which wheel goes on which corner!!

budget tyres are a no go for me now to be honest, i had two sets when i was deperate for cash but trying to stay within legal limits, but most budget directional tyres are only designed for looks, and durability, my first set of budget tyres lasted nearly 2 years with constant use!

but try michelins, pirelli p zero nero's, etc big brand names are usually best for price

i'm ordering a set of lenso alloy wheels and chose the next tyre upgrade from budget which are falkan ze912's and i've looked on a few websites and they have really good feedback from other people so i'm hoping they are good tyres!!