what car, getting one in Sept

Craig855S

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i checked them too, 9-5 estates, any choice of engine and fab specs for well in budget, i'd rather have the saab than the mk3 mondies so ill keep it in mind mate.

Its amazing how much choice there is for less than 4k so long as you dont worry about mileage and/or age

Link to one in budget Trig? I doubt im gonna find a Ghia X with the diesel in budget. A ghia x 2.2 sounds like an ok wild card... but then, theyre not good looking cars unless you get the sporty bumpers and big wheels... wheras for just fractions of my budget i could get a car that would jump up and down all over a mk3 mondeo in most respects

Such as interior looks

exterior looks

performance

practicality

ok an E34 BMW or volvo 850 and phase 1 V70 wont have bluetooth and voice activation...but those are things id never use anyway.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/ca...cars/2l_to_2-5l

There are a few there. I wouldn't rule them out because they are just a Mondeo. The mk3 is a much more capable car than most people give it credit for and in terms of value for money when you consider running costs and repair costs, I dont think there is anything out there of a comparable spec that really challenges them.

I sold my ghia x for 4k. Good cars but far from lightening performance. In sayng that up to 60-70 which is the speed limit anyway it would've stayed with my e39 528 sport. From a luxurious view it was fine but not in the same league as sitting at the wheel of a volvo or bmw which are far more comfortable.

A4 avant, passat hghline?

i LOVED my Saab...

I can also vouch for the capabilty of a 130 TDCi Mondeo. It does grate on me when people say they are quick, because, in reality, they are not........but hey, you're gonna have ya kids in ya car most of the time, no?

Why pay for performance you only use 20% of the time? That had some contribution to my recent change. I've 'seen the light' so to speak, its sensible diesel for me from now on, just gotta try an upgrade a bit from what ive currently got.

Ive just sneezed all over my laptop. Gutted.

No mate theyre not a must. Because on average we only go out in the car as a family once or twice a fortnight, i do spend more time in the car alone than with the family, so spending 2 seconds leaning behind the folded front seats every now and again is no real problem.

I have been looking at numerous coupes as well, and have not entirely ruled out the 3 series coupe and Volvo C70

Edited by Craig855S

Well allow me to fling in a couple of wild cards then. These will be at the upper limit of your budget.

http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1451/1451898-1.jpg

Audi S2 Avant.

Or coupe:

http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1455/1455903-3.jpg

Sex on wheels. Full leather. 4wd. 230 turbocharged BHP as standard.

£3.5k is also verging on the kind of money shagged (but still MOTable) 8 series are going for, if you look hard enough....

http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1509/1509880-3.jpg

I'd love if I could afford either of these cars.

Edited by sidrick

might i make a suggestion no one has mentioned...

mitsubishi galant VR4. has 2.5V6, twin turbo, AWD (basically EVO 6 4WD system), fully kitted as standard, supremely comfortable, great to drive, subtle styling tweeks over say my dads V6, but as its already a good looking car..

check these two out as examples:

VR4 - 1

VR4 - 2