what car, getting one in Sept

Craig855S

Get an estate whatever it be if you are planning on moving aload of stuff around.

We went upto Cumbria for a week with all the stuff associated with 2 little uns and it was a struggle in a 850 estate, really could have done with roof bars and a top box.

I'd be looking more so at safety ratings for carrying a familly.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go for as late as possible V70. You get loads of room, loads of toys, and even on the poverty models, a rather impressive sound system.

It wouldnt have to be a T5 either, they did quite some other variations such as a 2.5T, 2.4Tawd etc etc.... The only thing it would need is a nice exhaust to release the I5 noise, and your away.

They aren't all that bad to drive either considering the tanks they are (very safe, obviously).

out of that lot a 540i E39 because they are nice cars

what about a W210 merc, i'm personally a fan and they are cheap as chips

I've had one of those aswell a c280 sport. Wouldn't want my young family in one the handlings terrible with the slightest bit of damp on the road. I'm talking with normal driving not flying about, I almost 360'd mine coming off a roundabout onto the motorway.

out of that lot a 540i E39 because they are nice cars

what about a W210 merc, i'm personally a fan and they are cheap as chips

I've had one of those aswell a c280 sport. Wouldn't want my young family in one the handlings terrible with the slightest bit of damp on the road. I'm talking with normal driving not flying about, I almost 360'd mine coming off a roundabout onto the motorway.

the c class are terrible sh!t not related to the E class (w210) i was on about, the main problem with the e class was poor build quality leading to many of them suffering bad body rot, usually not structural and there are tidy looked after ones out there :thumb:

You'd have a bit of a struggle to find a W210 Mercedes that hasn't rotted away, I was after one a few years back but every single on was rotted. Leading edge of pretty much every panel rots on them. A customer of mine had a 3 year old one and ended up having a big row with Mercedes about rust, in the end, he managed to get 3 doors, boot lid, bonnet, 2 wings and rear arches replaced under warranty. 3 years later, back in the same position. Plus they're pretty dated on the inside too, (more than the 850 lol ) Smooth V6's though.

In your shoes the estates would be my port of call, there's something magical about a fast estate... Especially one with a loud turbo and rwd!

I love bm's but for what you need and the sleeper factor I'd get the quicker Volvo :) have you thought about the Subaru impreza estate?