Questions about applying for (another) part time job while still at co

LiamGTR

lmao TECHNICALLY we aint Geordies...8miles from Newcastle Bridge.

our towns nickname is 'Sand-dancers' as we are literally on the coast and directly between Newcastle & Sunderland.....but Makems or horrible in every way/shape or form - but that's another thread :-D

*makes mental note never to employ a Geordie*

f*ck too late :nutter:

:pancake:

Does your boss know what your ambitions are? Without being funny there aint many people out there that are gonna work in a bar for the rest of there days. Is he approachable? If so talk to him/her and tell them your plans, in there line of work they're used to a high turn over of staff. You could always tell a white lie about the hrs you would be doing in this other job stating it won't interfear with your current one. Explaining you want experience to get into the RAF there's no argument i n my books as long as you're commitied to your current job whilst there then there's nowt to worry about.

Your current employer wont be a cock if the RAF dont accept you, he won't feel betrayed, and lose faith in your commitment to the company. After all, your only trying to better yourself and if he thinks his gym is superior to the RAF then he is diluded.

And BTW, Your application to the RAF will be successful, unless they are'nt recruiting right now (which they should'nt be, since at least 2,000 jobs need to be axed)

But if they're not recruiting they wont contact your references, they'll just let you know theyre not recruiting and to try again next time they are

Think they are recruiting as im off to cramwell on Monday

*makes mental note never to employ a Geordie*

f*ck too late :nutter:

:pancake:

Does your boss know what your ambitions are? Without being funny there aint many people out there that are gonna work in a bar for the rest of there days. Is he approachable? If so talk to him/her and tell them your plans, in there line of work they're used to a high turn over of staff. You could always tell a white lie about the hrs you would be doing in this other job stating it won't interfear with your current one. Explaining you want experience to get into the RAF there's no argument i n my books as long as you're commitied to your current job whilst there then there's nowt to worry about.

Sounds like a plan, he is approachable, to a point, but coms across as one of those people who could be a right dick if he wanted to be (and sometimes is)

Your current employer wont be a cock if the RAF dont accept you, he won't feel betrayed, and lose faith in your commitment to the company. After all, your only trying to better yourself and if he thinks his gym is superior to the RAF then he is diluded.

And BTW, Your application to the RAF will be successful, unless they are'nt recruiting right now (which they should'nt be, since at least 2,000 jobs need to be axed)

But if they're not recruiting they wont contact your references, they'll just let you know theyre not recruiting and to try again next time they are

I think they recruit different positions at different times, atleast thats what I was told last time I went to Cosford

played rugby against the 4 years ago when i was only 16, only lost by a point and some of them were full grown men :P

You mean Cranwell...As an officer that's all you'll be doing, writing things. Congrats mate, what you coming in as?

Edited by Craig855S

You mean Cranwell...As an officer that's all you'll be doing, writing things. Congrats mate, what you coming in as?

Simple typo, but thanks for the lesson.

Well after smashing the aptitude tests it looks like Pilot. Hectic 7 hours.

They were for the Navy but they count for both so glad I wont ever have to sit them again, will sit my AIB before OASC so which I end up in im not sure yet.

3 day OASC is much more appealing though, they cut over 50% of the candidates who were doing OASC while I was there in the first day after aptitude tests

Edited by Muzz

3 day OASC is much more appealing though, they cut over 50% of the candidates who were doing OASC while I was there in the first day after aptitude tests

Had a similar experience when I had my 3 day fitness test at Cosford:

1st day at 1pm we jumped in the pool, had to sprint 150m and then tread water in the middle of the pool facing the PTI's.

Some lass was flapping around like a dog, couldn't tread water for rubbish, so the PTI jumped in, dragged her out and basically told her to Fcuk off home...she had only been there a matter of minutes!! :pancake: :nutter: :pancake: