know any good hiding places for a man who made a mistake?

stevmo3691

"she wants rid of it as she's old fashioned and a cat D means car was write off and shouldnt be touched as could be badly repaired (in this case badly painted)"

Old fashioned, or sensible?

Personally I would be backing my mam is she said she didn't want to drive a death trap. Fcuk having her gravestone hanging over my head for actually letting her drive it!

have i missed the point where this car has been professionally checked out to conclude this car is a death trap?

another story only Steve could tell tbh :pancake:

Not at all Lee, but, would you be happy with a close family member driving a car that apears to have an iffy MOT, that alone would be enough for me to wait for it to be verified as safe to drive.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"she wants rid of it as she's old fashioned and a cat D means car was write off and shouldnt be touched as could be badly repaired (in this case badly painted)"

Old fashioned, or sensible?

Personally I would be backing my mam is she said she didn't want to drive a death trap. Fcuk having her gravestone hanging over my head for actually letting her drive it!

have i missed the point where this car has been professionally checked out to conclude this car is a death trap?

another story only Steve could tell tbh :pancake:

Not at all Lee, but, would you be happy with a close family member driving a car that apears to have an iffy MOT, that alone would be enough for me to wait for it to be verified as safe to drive.

going by the reasons of this 'iffy' MOT (certified 'iffy' by what expert?????)....................yes.

Plenty of safe Cat D cars on the road.

A car of low value like this one could get Cat D for very minor damage.

As I said before, someone qualified should take a look at it - the OP of this thread is far from it.

oh thank you, i was thinking it was just me, some common sence still rules

at the time of accident it wasnt that low value as was less than a 1 year old high spec model.

as i said, if it passed with those faults on the car (bulbs blades) what else may be wrong.

he got his 'mate' to do the mot and he was selling it on behalf of his sister and had lots of cars around although claimed not to be a dealer :unsure:

My mum wanted me to go with as i am very picky when it comes to cars and given that my 97K 99 mondeo is in better cosmetic and mechanical condition than an 04 with 68K makes my mum unhappy

her 99 astra is in better condition and has history for it (bout half a rain forests worth) and as yet we have nothing for the history of the pug.

i might go down and see this chap myself on my next day off and speak to him very politely and ask for the paperwork. failing that money back as the agreed price included a service history which it now doesnt have thus de-valuing it further

steve u just said before the accident the value wasnt that low???

Are u now saying your dad brought it knowing there was/had been damage?

confused :nutter:

No not at all. He has done a check since & now discovered it had an accident only a year after being new so obviously wouldnt be of low value only a year old car, less chance it would be written off. Get it now?

And its BOUGHT not BROUGHT!!! :innocent:

No not at all. He has done a check since & now discovered it had an accident only a year after being new so obviously wouldnt be of low value only a year old car, less chance it would be written off. Get it now?

exactly right peewee :)

dad said he did an hpi check on it and it didnt flag anything, i decided to do one of the text check ones purely because i found the weld and iffy paint

the front washer nozels are painted for god's sake

Any pictures available of the car in question, you've got me quite intrigued now Steve?

And it's wouldn't not wouldnt. :innocent:

Edited by Lordjc

Any pictures available of the car in question, you've got me quite intrigued now Steve?

And it's wouldn't not wouldnt. :innocent:

Yes fair enough, but if im honest when typing here I rarely put wouldn't, couldn't and so on. Maybe it's as annoying as brought/bought to some, in reality I wouldn't do that in an email, letter, etc as I would probably be frowned upon as a teacher lol.

ABI Insurance Condition MIAFTR entry date 30/03/2005

Loss type CAT D VEHICLE DAMAGED

Make and model PEUG 307

Theft indicator NOT STOLEN

Source: Motor Insurance Anti-Fraud and Theft Register (MIAFTR)

Quite a lot of HPI checks on it recently -

10/09/2010 10:39:32 INSURER

25/08/2010 17:21:53 MOTOR TRADE & OTHER

25/08/2010 17:19:23 MOTOR TRADE & OTHER

23/08/2010 21:42:35 CONSUMER

06/08/2010 17:43:17 CONSUMER

06/08/2010 17:41:51 CONSUMER

16/07/2010 14:54:27 CONSUMER

06/07/2010 22:37:11 MOTOR TRADE & OTHER

06/07/2010 21:41:02 MOTOR TRADE & OTHER

06/07/2010 21:37:58 MOTOR TRADE & OTHER

10/06/2009 19:32:15 MOTOR TRADE & OTHER

03/09/2008 23:32:16 MOTOR TRADE & OTHER

03/09/2008 23:28:41 MOTOR TRADE & OTHER

I'd get it checked professionally, then talk to citizens advice if necessary.